Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 3.0 Release Date?

Options
  • 17-10-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

When can we expect android 3.0 to be released?

As far as I was aware it is due for release sometime late this month but I haven't heard much else.

ALso just wondering how long before we can expect to have an update to 3.0 available for the HTC Desire HD?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

I thought it was several months off TBH. (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I think Qtr 4 was mentioned but that could be anytime between now and the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭long_b

When can we expect android 3.0 to be released?

As far as I was aware it is due for release sometime late this month but I haven't heard much else.

Thanks

AFAIK the SDK for developers is being released next week. It'll be a good while after that before the OS gets released proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

...and about 6-8 months later on any samsung branded phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Google are pretty good these days at keeping things quiet. The most anyone "knows" is its release is sometime before 2011. Whenever any news does eventually come out it'll be plastered all over the internet because news of that scale tends to get people excited.:o It's just a matter of waiting and keeping an eye on the blogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Will the current HTC Desire get this update ? or is it for the Desire HD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

long_b wrote: »
    AFAIK the SDK for developers is being released next week. It'll be a good while after that before the OS gets released proper.

so cyanogen and other modders will have it ready (decently maybe not full rc) before end of november and rc before christmas I would imagine.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/20/android-3-0-due-to-start-hitting-tablets-in-december-ahead-of-ja/
    A holiday tradition? Making things out of gingerbread, and Google is doing its part to keep that practice alive according to a report stating Android 3.0 Gingerbread is set to hit some tablets this December. Those will just be early samples destined only to light up the eyes of engineers who've been very, very good this year, but the rest of us naughty boys and girls will get to see those slates when they launch to the public in January. We hear there's a little electronics show happening that time of year, and supposedly HTC, Samsung, and Motorola will be showing their Gingerbread tablets there, amongst others (but not Lenovo, apparently). We can't wait to get a taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

That'll be CES in Vegas in January so, before anyone gets a real look at it...

Advertisement