Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone see my motorbike being damaged on Saturday night?

Options
  • 17-10-2010 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I leave my motorbike parked at the back of the crescent on the very right hand side. It's the racing-shaped one beside the big BMW under its little blanket, mine's left exposed. I looked out the window after my shower this morning about 11am and the bike was lying on its side, wing mirror smashed off. Raging like a bull I went down to have a look. I've seen it fall off its stand before (because I was stoopid when I first got it and parked it facing gently downhill-it rolled forwards and fell snapping off the throttle handlebar and a lot more) but the conclusion I came to was that it fell gently. Only the wing mirror was smashed off and a couple of scrapes along the side. The front brake handle has been damaged as well and is barely working, God only knows how many hundreds that'll cost to fix.

Myself and my girlfriend have seen many times people coming in to Charlesland from the bus stop on the road above the crescent at all hours of the morning. The only situation I can see happening is that someone came in and saw it after a few pints, jumped on and couldn't hold on to it, and instead of it coming crashing down they tried to hold it up but couldn't, hence the relatively minor damage this time. I've parked it in that spot hundreds of times and it has never fallen over, and last night was hardly a tornado.

What I'd love to know is did anyone see anything? I got home yesterday evening at about 8 or 8.30 and all was fine. Saw it around 11 this morning lying down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 joinerydivision

hi there, we saw it (not the crime in action unfortuantly) but i spotted it was down, only that I had the baby with me i would have knocked on a few doors to let you know (obvoiusly I dont know where in the crescent you live) I was giving out stink about it, bloody knackers doing something like that to such a lovely bike. I hope you get info on who did it - if i spot anyone around your bike again i'll take a video with my phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

sorry to hear about the damage, i used to leave my bike leaning in close to the wall and in gear which would help it from falling over or deter people from trying to get on it if its awakward to throw the leg over it.

Should look into getting a alarm, the minute the sensors sence the bike tilting it will activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 macmurchu

hi there, we saw it (not the crime in action unfortuantly) but i spotted it was down, only that I had the baby with me i would have knocked on a few doors to let you know (obvoiusly I dont know where in the crescent you live) I was giving out stink about it, bloody knackers doing something like that to such a lovely bike. I hope you get info on who did it - if i spot anyone around your bike again i'll take a video with my phone!

Good man! Only came back to this today. I ended up moving to Blackrock and the thing got lifted off my front street altogether while I was out for an hour! The alarm the other poster suggested would have been a good idea then...

Getting another this weekend with alarm & immobiliser thank god

Advertisement