Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Destinations

Options
  • 17-10-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭

I want to book a short 3 or 4 day ski trip and saw an ad for ryanair destinations in the paper.
    The flights to Girona, barcelona really suit me. Has anyone any experience of the following places - La molina, vall de nuria, masella, valtier, soldeu el tarter & pas de la casa. These are the resorts that ryanair claim you can get to via girona.

Really appreciate any info as I may be asking a very 'important question' over there so want to make it a nice place with decent skiinig.

I'll be going in mid to late feb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Well all i can tell you is that Soldeu and Pas del la casa have extremely long transfer times to from the airport.

Ryanair also fly to Salzburg in Austria, have you considered going there, Austria has so many amazing ski resorts to choose from and the country is very scenic.

You could pop your 'question' here for example:
    http://www.onthesnow.com/photo_guide.html?id=3331057495&text=Sölden

Its in a resort call Soelden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Thanks overflow. Was in saalbach Austria last year and loved it. Ryanair only fly once a week though and can't get a week off work. Girona is only place that does regular flights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I went for a long weekend to Oberstdorf last year, flying Ryanair to Memmingen.
    Flights 5 days a week, good(ish) rail connections.
    Theres an extensive thread on the area here somewhere if you do a quick search.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

La molina, vall de nuria are the two closest! La Molina is not bad was in Val De Nuria last year doing some private tuition.

Val De Nuria: Resort is a long way form a quite charmless town to be honest and its a long train ride up every monring. I could ski the whole resort in about 30 minutes including the time it took to get the uplifts. adn the lift pass was approx 160 Euro I think.

Most of the slopes are short and not very challanging and the black run is almost always closed.

La Molina is much bigger and more like a ski resort.

The andorran resorts have tons of stuff written about them here.

Advertisement