Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rural pub in Dunmanway/Macroom area

Options
  • 17-10-2010 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey there,

Sorry to be cliche, but this Brit is looking for a nice isolated rural pub somewhere between Dunmanway and Macroom, preferably one where they burn an open turf fire and dogs are allowed. The closer to Inchigeela the better. Food a plus but not required.

Since drinks are so expensive I can't really afford to try a lot of different ones, so I thought I'd ask the good bar-going people on here.

Thanks!
    haussit
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Try Dromey's Dromcara Kilmichael. Nice pub, I think they allow dogs. Not sure about food.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 haussit

Miaireland wrote: »
    Try Dromey's Dromcara Kilmichael. Nice pub, I think they allow dogs. Not sure about food.

Thanks! Actually drove past there the other day, thought it looked nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Is this the pub next to the river and the bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

what about the place in balllingeary i keep forgetting the name of it.
    i remember seeing a guy in there with a little jack russell before
    and you could walk to gougane barra to burn off the alcohol calories :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

There's a nice pub further on fron Dromcarra cant remember the name but lovely pints there.

• Advertisement

If this is the pub by the river with the beer garden going down to the side of the river then I have to say that the man running it was one of the most ignorant publicans I've ever met. My wife and myself went in there with our baby some months back for a quiet pint and he was pure ignorant, felt like he didn't want strangers coming in to his pub at all. No smile, no thanks, just put the pints in front of me and took the money. We both felt really uncomfortable and have never went back since, even though it's only about a 10 minute drive away and the pub itself is lovely. We thought he might not like us bringing in our baby, but he was only 2 months old at the time and he slept through the whole time we were there. Bad service so I'd recommend avoiding it, I know other people will probably have better things to say about I certainly don't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

Dromey's Droumcara is a great Bar. I know the pub very well as it is my local. The Man you are referring too isin't always behind the bar - very little in fact. He does sometimes come across that way. The majority of the time there is a lovely woman (his wife) running the Bar. Other staff who work there are very friendly also!

The locals are very friendly also and always looking to talk to visitors to the bar. In summer time, i cant think of a better place to have a drink than in the beer garden - fantastic! Cosy spot to drink in the Winter also.

In the Macroom / Dunmanway area - it would be hard to beat!

The locals are very friendly also and always looking to talk to visitors to the bar. In summer time, i cant think of a better place to have a drink than in the beer garden - fantastic! Cosy spot to drink in the Winter also.

In the Macroom / Dunmanway area - it would be hard to beat!

That's what we were expecting before going in to it, we're always trying to find a nice place for a decent pint and a nice cosy atmosphere, but that guy completely turned us off going back. But, after reading your comments we'll probably try give it another go :) Thanks for the input!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Steve!

Ard Na Laoi or Seartens in Ballingeary.

Advertisement