Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps2sd - not rooted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Cool - works and straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

zeldo wrote: »
    Very good advice here
    http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/4729-htc-desire-low-internal-memory/

http://sefanboy.com/2010/09/05/android-2-2-froyo-tips-install-applications-to-the-sd-card-by-default/

Following the simple steps above allowed me to move large apps, eg swype, to the sd card in my non-rooted 2.2 htc desire.

Gave up after half those directions, how complicated is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 zeldo

Not complicated at all! Persevere, it really is simple. And you no longer have to suffer low memory errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭davehey79

ben trying this methof and havong problems meself.

have got as far as command prompt window and all that but when i enter
    F:\android-sdk-windows\tools\adb devices

i first got this

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    List of devices attached

Attached to where is my question and how do i see this list or is this what i am supposed to get at all ???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

davehey79 wrote: »
    ben trying this methof and havong problems meself.

have got as far as command prompt window and all that but when i enter
    F:\android-sdk-windows\tools\adb devices

i first got this

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    List of devices attached

Attached to where is my question and how do i see this list or is this what i am supposed to get at all ???

I got that when I just plugged in my phone without having the correct driver. If you're using Windows 7 download the HTC Sync software from HTC. This installs some other driver apparently so when you run that it'll show your device listed in that message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭davehey79

I got that when I just plugged in my phone without having the correct driver. If you're using Windows 7 download the HTC Sync software from HTC. This installs some other driver apparently so when you run that it'll show your device listed in that message.

im running XP Pro SP3 and did all the USB Driver download thing but when i enable debug and then it looks for drivers i point it to the folder in the sdk sub directory but it says can find the driver. im lost at the minute as to what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Well I already had the sdk installed so that helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

To any of you still requiring space on your internal memory, i used this link which is a lot easier to understand for a Luddite like me and it works a treat
    http://androidforums.com/desire-tips-tricks/174345-how-move-apps-sd-card-unrooted-device-noobs-guide.html

Advertisement