Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Rover 25 SRS Airbag WTF?

Options
  • 16-10-2010 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hey,

My Dad had his car in for an NCT this week. Everything on the car passed but one issue. The Airbag light could not be found.

Ive had a look around the dashboard and cant find any place holder for it nor can I find a place holder for the air bag in the array of lights on the strapline along the bottom of the dashboard..

The car is a Rover 25, can anyone contribute to the this issue, if you have any pictures of the air bag light (in action) GREAT STUFF

Cool Bananas,

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Might be a stupid question, but are you sure the car has airbag(s)?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Its called SRS in the rover and not "airbag" like other makes. It is there, is on the left hand side of the second warning light pod.

Edit: Here is a pic

Binnacle1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 kevin.downey

Thanks for that, any idea why this light would not work....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It could be something simple like a blown fuse or worst case the air bag system is faulty and it will not deploy in an accident.

Mine has never come on as it works :D, on ignition the only lights that come on are Oil, Battery and the yellow light next to the battery/charging light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Check the wires under the front seat(s) - sometimes the connection gets broken when the seat is moved forward/back.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

At the risk of sounding thick - is there an LED, or a bulb behind the SRS sign? If it's a little bulb, could it be blown?

krissovo wrote: »
    Mine has never come on as it works :D, on ignition the only lights that come on are Oil, Battery and the yellow light next to the battery/charging light.

SRS light should come on pre igniton for a few seconds, if it doesn't then it's quite likely the bulb has been removed, highly unlikely the bulb has blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

RoverJames wrote: »
    it's quite likely the bulb has been removed, highly unlikely the bulb has blown.

There's a good chance that if you replace the bulb, you'll find that it'll fail the NCT because the warning light stays on (which is why someone removed it in the first place). If so, esel's suggestion is the next step, check (or have an auto-electrician check) the under-seat wiring.

Just checked mine again this morning, the SRS light comes on after the engine has started for about 4 seconds and goes out. It does not come on like the oil and generator light from the aux position only.

I have never noticed this in 7 years of ownership :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement