Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I connect up sky box?

Options
  • 16-10-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi
    We have recently changed from Sky to UPC but still have the sky dish and box. The UPC guys cut off the sky connection and replaced it with UPC in the sitting room where the sky was originally installed. We have a tv point in the bedroom but not sure what way it is set up. Is there any way we can connect the sky box to the tv in the bedroom? Have no idea how to go about this so any help would be great. The box in the bedroom was never connected to sky it was just there when we moved in. Is there any simple way of connecting it or will we have to get an installer out?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Hi
    We have recently changed from Sky to UPC but still have the sky dish and box. The UPC guys cut off the sky connection and replaced it with UPC in the sitting room where the sky was originally installed. We have a tv point in the bedroom but not sure what way it is set up. Is there any way we can connect the sky box to the tv in the bedroom? Have no idea how to go about this so any help would be great. The box in the bedroom was never connected to sky it was just there when we moved in. Is there any simple way of connecting it or will we have to get an installer out?

A cable needs to be connected from your dish to the box/tv point in the bedroom. if you are not confident at doing this then call your local Aerial tv rigger/dish installer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 satmad

Hi
    the cable from your dish needs to meet up with your internel cable for your bedroom,i am a installer myself mate if you need this done i could do for you

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

satmad wrote: »
    the cable from your dish needs to meet up with your internel cable for your bedroom,i am a installer myself mate if you need this done i could do for you

Satmad. welcome to boards.ie it looks like you did not read the rules. You cannot pimp yourself on these pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hi

UPC had no right to use any of your existing cables to hook up their system, unless you gave them permission. If you did'nt, then you should get on to UPC pronto and demand that their installer get back and replace the cabling from your dish to any room of your choice.

Advertisement