Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL History Question

Options
  • 16-10-2010 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hey guys, really struggling for headings on the question "How did Anglo Irish relations develop in the period 1923-49" that I could research. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Wow the dates in your question are wide! You should have plenty to write about :P.

Made some notes out in a hardback about this for the Summer exams last year (the dates in your question are a bit wider than my notes so had to add a small bit in at the end), here are the headings I used:

Intro: Answer the question! Undoubtedly major changes over this time period etc.

Cumman na nGaedhael - Cosgrave

Cosgrave wants greater recognition of Irish Independence.
    Ireland + the League of Nations (registering treaty), Sending Missions to other countries.

The Conference of Dominions in London., Statute of Westminister etc.

Boundary Commission - effects of this.

Fianna Fáil - de Valera - the difference in his policies to the previous government.
    - How he implemented policies ->
    Removal of oath, replacing the Governor General, the constitution making the president the head of state.

Anxious to show Irish independence globally, League of Nations involvement.

Economic War: Causes (refusal to pay land annuities etc.) Actions Britain took against this, Impact on Ireland

Settling things with Britain after the Economic War: Anglo Irish Agreement 1938, (Paying annuities, return of the treaty ports, removal of special tariffs from during the economic war)

Then there's World War 2 - you can write about relations with Britain during that time period, how did things develop during this time?

Summary.

Remember to link everything back to the question - make sure the corrector knows youre answering it!

(Apologies for how rough this is, was just trying to expand on short notes I'd made :o, hope this can help!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 shocks121

thanks for the help man, really appreciate it!

Wow the dates in your question are wide! You should have plenty to write about :P.

Made some notes out in a hardback about this for the Summer exams last year (the dates in your question are a bit wider than my notes so had to add a small bit in at the end), here are the headings I used:

Intro: Answer the question! Undoubtedly major changes over this time period etc.

Cumman na nGaedhael - Cosgrave

Cosgrave wants greater recognition of Irish Independence.
    Ireland + the League of Nations (registering treaty), Sending Missions to other countries.

The Conference of Dominions in London., Statute of Westminister etc.

Boundary Commission - effects of this.

Fianna Fáil - de Valera - the difference in his policies to the previous government.
    - How he implemented policies ->
    Removal of oath, replacing the Governor General, the constitution making the president the head of state.

Anxious to show Irish independence globally, League of Nations involvement.

Economic War: Causes (refusal to pay land annuities etc.) Actions Britain took against this, Impact on Ireland

Settling things with Britain after the Economic War: Anglo Irish Agreement 1938, (Paying annuities, return of the treaty ports, removal of special tariffs from during the economic war)

Then there's World War 2 - you can write about relations with Britain during that time period, how did things develop during this time?

Summary.

Remember to link everything back to the question - make sure the corrector knows youre answering it!

(Apologies for how rough this is, was just trying to expand on short notes I'd made :o, hope this can help!)

Advertisement