Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever use IBAS?

Options
  • 16-10-2010 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭

I have a bet with a bookie registered with IBAS that I've not been paid out on.
    As far as I understand it, if you don't reach an agreement with the bookie it can be referred to IBAS who will adjudicate.
    I was wondering has anyone ever had to take a bookie to IBAS, and if so, what happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

I have a bet with a bookie registered with IBAS that I've not been paid out on.
    As far as I understand it, if you don't reach an agreement with the bookie it can be referred to IBAS who will adjudicate.
    I was wondering has anyone ever had to take a bookie to IBAS, and if so, what happened?

Thretened it a number of times and gone to them twice.

Go to their website and lodge your complaint. Theyusually take a couple of weeks but they will adjudicate on it and are fair.

Why has the bet not been paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Don't want to go into it on a public forum at this point.
    I've filed the complaint now and was wondering how the process works, how long it takes, and what the likelihood of achieving satisfaction is.
    Would be happy to hear more about your experience. By PM if you don't want to say more here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Don't want to go into it on a public forum at this point.
    I've filed the complaint now and was wondering how the process works, how long it takes, and what the likelihood of achieving satisfaction is.
    Would be happy to hear more about your experience. By PM if you don't want to say more here.

It's been over a year since I dealt with them.

It is quite a slow process. They actually use the postal system! I lodged the query, got a confirmation letter to say it was received and then maybe 3 weeks later (I'm not certain of the amount of time, it was a while ago) I got a letter stating the decision of the committee and an explanation of it.

I was satisfied with their decision and reasoning on both occasions. You should know that it as organisation funded by the bookmakers. They will adhere to any decision IBAS award in your favour but the general rule of thumb is that if the bookmaker is willing to let you go to IBAS then the likelihood of you winning isn't too high. It's generally not in theor interest to go through the process.

If you want to PM me your issue, I can probably tell you if you will win or not. Otherwise, best of luck with the complaint. Not enough people are willing to take bookmakers to task in this way and are happy to just complain but not follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

PM sent. Ta for your help.

Advertisement