Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UC and Puri-Nethol

Options
  • 15-10-2010 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Just wondering if anyone is or has been on this drug. I'm taking 3.2mg of Asacolon and 100mg daily of Puri-Nethol. I was on 50mg initially to see how I reacted. I had a bad reaction to Immuran. the 50mg was fine although I did have mild headaches, a bit of nausea at times too. Since going to the 100mg I have constant headache, nausea and weakness. I thought it would pass but it's just getting worse. I could not face taking it today. So I didn't. My hg levels are still low even after an iron infusion so I'm thinking too that might have something to do with it. I'm at a loss. My UC is in remission after a long flare and I thought I would feel better but I still feel weak and blah all the time. Some days I can't function.
    When I was first diagnosed I was very ill. After all the treatment - hospital stay, blood transfusion, steroids etc etcit went into remission for a total of 9 months. that was 3 years ago. I'm been in a flare since - sometimes very bad sometimes it eases a bit. I thought when the bleeding stopped (been 2 months now) that I would feel better. Then I read somewhere that the more flares or the longer a person is in a flare the worse the symptoms can be. I'm very low at the moment re my health. In my head I'm energetic, organised and wanting to do things. My body however is obviously on loan from a 90 year old.
    I suppose I'm hoping that someone will come back and say that it's the PuriNethol and I'll feel better when I stop taking it. I do know I'm running the risk of yet another flare. all I know is I have very little quality of life at the minute. I do things because they need to be done. And then it's the couch to recover. I slept for three hours on the couch this afternon, I have kids I can't do it..... but I could not fight the sleep.
    L.

Advertisement