Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journey time from Limerick to Newcastlewest

Options
  • 15-10-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I will be driving down to Limerick on Saturday week to take in the International Rules game at 7pm. I was going to vist relatives I have who live a few miles outside newcastle west on the Kerry border side. I was wondering how long do you think it would roughly take to get their from Limerick city. I just need a rough idea as to how much apre time I would have out that direction. I plan to leave Dublin for Limerick at about 8am

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

30 mins tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,744 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'd allow 45 mins as Adare can be a bit of a bottle neck at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Totally depends on what side of the city are starting off from too. If you are not using the tunnel, getting from one side of the city to the other might take a bit of time in itself especially with the Munster match on earlier in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

30 mins tops.

Might be a wee bit on the optomistic side I think. To Newcastle West with a good clear road yes but as the OP seems to be going beyond Newcastle West a bit (not sure how far beyond) and allowing for slow moving traffic through Adare. Few people have mentioned to me that the one good side affect of Dell going is that Adare is now less of a bottleneck but you must be bloody joking me...Tis worse if any at times I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Really depends on how many ignorant yahoos are out dawdling around the roads. 30 mins is probably optimistic if Adare is any way busy and you meet more than one convoy headed by a horsebox/corolla/focus/tiida/yaris/sulky.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

^^^^^31 mins tops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

I live in NCW, Limerick side, I am in Limerick fo most match days... by the time u get to Limk, accross the city and parked the car give yourself a comfortable 45-60 min... Arrive at match stress free.
    Enjoy
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

30 mins tops.
    You do this at night time with very little or no traffic, I travel this road regularly from Dooradoyle to Newcastle West at various times from week days to weekends.

OP
    On Match Day after the match to NCW 1 hour tops.
    Early Saturday Morning/Afternoon 40 mins, from city bounds "M20" to NCW 40 Mins (Adare is the bottleneck)
    To get to the Match from NCW, 1 hour.

There is usually a park and ride from the South Court Hotel Raheen in to the stadium on Match days, to help cut down the journey time.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Oh and this is Bank Holiday weekend...mayhem on the rds...NCW Adare and City!!

Advertisement