Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with Dreambox DM 500s

Options
  • 15-10-2010 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hello to all my present Dreambox DM500s is beyond repair and I was wondering if anybody could guide me in the right direction, would the Dreambox 600 pvr with a 250G hard drive disk be a good buy I am not sure if that is the right road to go as it is a long while since I looked up the different Dreamboxes and I would really appreciate any help and advice and also if you could recommend the best place to buy a box from as the place I got my broken one from is gone many thanks Billy D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

Get a DM500HD.. or maybe a DM800. But stay clear of clones.. they are just shoddy and unreliable. The legit ones work very vell and are very stable. They are also guaranteed up to 2 years if purchased from German websites.

Some of the images for the 500HD are also working with a limited set of USB DTT tuners. But its still early days in that regard.

I've a DM8000 and its an absolutely wonderful reciever to use. I use it for FTA and also as a media hub for kids DVDs, family HD home movies etc.

I can programme timers remotely from my phone.. its just great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Billy D

Cormac I will take on board your advice thank you but firstly I am going to explore the different models of Dreamboxes I would like something that If I could record onto it that would be a bonus and that the model would have a good track record. I do understand and agree with you about clone boxes but if the price range looking at Dream Multimedia prices for a new original box is out of a persons reach it means staying with a DM500s that would be a clone but at least a new clone or go for a used box and maybe buy a problem been passed on by the seller and you are stuck with it also Cormac I have been told that a new DM800HD will be out before Christmas so what will this mean to the price of the DM800 in general as you can gather I am still at sea many thanks > Billy D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Billy

When doing your research i would strongly recommend you having a look a the VU+DUO

http://vuplus.com/?page_id=4

I replaced my dm800hd with the Duo and have never looked back. Serious machine with plenty of support. Its a twin tuner satellite and has support for some USB dvb-t tuners. Its more or less a dm8000 (except more powerful) at half the price.

givecredit I thank you for your help I will positively look at the boxes you suggested as to be truthful I have never heard of them and it will be nice to see something different again thank you Billy D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Billy D wrote: »
    I will positively look at the boxes you suggested as to be truthful I have never heard of them and it will be nice to see something different again thank you Billy D.

More information and help here:

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/forum.php??

Can now be bought for €409 including delivery. I paid €475 for mine including delivery.

If you go to foreign satellite on boards.ie you will find out more:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055816677

• Advertisement

givecredit I will follow your lead many thank you for your time Billy D.

Advertisement