Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant turn on Windows Malware, Having huge problems

Options
  • 15-10-2010 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

the last while when i would start my laptop my malware would be turned off so i just turned it back on, now it wont respond and i cant turn it back on. On top of that my screen keeps going but its not the screen itself because it works fine when first turned on and then goes into this funny state and i have to turn it off i have to turn it on and off severl times before it will work again. I have no idea whats wrong i ran a malwarebytes scan yesterday which i tought removed some stuff but I'm running it again now and its picking up more viruses .. which have to be the same ones. I'm at my wits end i cant afford to get it fixed i would be better off buying a new laptop if thats the case. I have AVG on my laptop and spy bot search and destroy ( i don't really understand what that does my brother put it on for me).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Freeman

It could be the virus is disabling the anti-malware program from running. Are you getting any messages in the normal Windows environment? Is the malwarebytes up to date? If not, plug in a network cable from your laptop to the router/modem, boot into safe-mode with networking (press f8 after post, choose safe mode with networking) and update malwarebytes program. Then run a full scan. Boot back into windows normally and see if you still have issues.

You shouldn't need to buy a new laptop but worst case you may have to erase everything and re-install. There are 3 possibilities with the screen: the virus is interfering with the graphics driver etc,, a component within the screen is failing or the graphics chip is failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Download a Linux live CD (e.g. Ubuntu) and boot from it. This might help determine whether or not everything's working okay. At least then you'd know if it's just a Windows problem.

Advertisement