Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Rory Gallagher inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

The whole reason Rory's not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame isn't the product of chance- everyone knows he had the tunes, the stage presence and everything else to be up there with those other inductees- the fact is he wanted to be judged on his music, not by his status. This is one of the most admirable aspects of the guy and his career. While the exposure could bring his music to a wider group, which would be good, I think trying to get him in there really goes against what he was about, and why people like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

While the exposure could bring his music to a wider group, which would be good, I think trying to get him in there really goes against what he was about, and why people like him.

Rory very nearly joined the Rolling Stones, a move which would have exposed his talent to millions of people. The only reason he didn't join them was because they delayed their decision and he had to go on a tour instead. Rory claimed that they used one of his ideas for Start Me Up.

Rory's brother Donal has often wondered if Rory might still be alive had he cancelled the tour and waited for them to make their decision. While I believe he'd have been a much better choice than Ronnie Wood, I don't think hanging around with Keith Richards is the key to eternal life! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

that's one of the things I admired about him
    he wasn't a fame seeker he wasn't into self promotion or selling millions of albums

he just loved playing music

even in interviews you could tell he was pretty shy

so unlike the musicians of today who would shamelessly promote themselves and only care about record sales money and status

nobody could ever accuse rory of that and it's part of what makes him so special:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

SanoVitae wrote: »
    I don't think hanging around with Keith Richards is the key to eternal life! :D

They're all still alive.

Brian Jones didn't die until after he left the Stones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

They're all still alive.

Brian Jones didn't die until after he left the Stones.

I meant people like Gram Parsons who hung out with Keef and tried to keep up with him - Keef has the constitution of an ox!

• Advertisement
Advertisement