Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CA Diary - what if it's not signed off?

Options
  • 15-10-2010 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

I've currently completed 3yrs of my 3.5yrs training contract.
    I've passed my FAE exams and from speaking to my training firm, they are saying that they are not prepared to LOCK any entries!

Has anyone been in the same/similar situation? Dont want to start my 3.5yrs again!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Assuming your training firm is ACA registered training firm they are obliged as part of the training contract made to lock your diary "IF" they deem the entries sufficiently reflect your training. The firm can tell you they aren't in a position to lock them as they deem the entries aren't satisfactory (See CAI booklet on satisfactory and unsatisfactory entries as a guideline). No mentor is going to lock unsatisfactory entries. But blanket refusal seems extraordinary. There's more to this than meets the eye as there's always two sides to every story.
    Ring CAI and explain the situation is the only solution. Won't be a problem until your contract has officially ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 concon3569

The woman that looks after the CA Diary stuff is Caroline Bolster. She's very nice and understanding so will help you out.

I'm 2 years into my contract and my diary hasn't been signed off because my boss hasn't had the time.... It's a bit of a joke really!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bluewater

Hi

From my understanding, the diary has to be locked every six months, as per the training contract....

The issue is not about satisfactory/unsatisfactory entries, that can be amended...training firm are not a position to sign ANY entries so im just loooking for rules/legality behind this.... also trying to find the Bye-laws/Charter rules to see if the training firm are allowed to say "totally incompetent" after the full training time has elapsed.

I guess nobody else has been in this situation before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Seem like a ridiculous situation to be in.

What did you do?

Advertisement