Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Aul One Interviewing Simon Cowell

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

ugh, brendan o carroll would be proud :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

karlos11 wrote: »
    Found this on YouTube and thought it was funny!

That sounds like the old lady voice of yer man from naked camera.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

yeah i dont think we really need another over-dublin-ish aulone doing ultra boring "interviews"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Hi there - just looking for feedback (good or bad) as to what you think of my clip. I'm trying out a 'character' for a bit of a laugh so if you have any constructive feedback, fire ahead. Thanks.

Seriously? It's been done by loads of people ,PJ Gallagher and Brendan O' Carroll are the two that spring to mind.Try something else ,this is irritating rather than funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Wow, that was rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Jaysus, your all very mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

thought it was fairly amusing myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭karlos11

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Jaysus, your all very mean!

I don't mind people who don't like it - but constructive would be nice!

thought it was fairly amusing myself.

You are a brave person considering what has been said before you! :D Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I enjoyed that, made me laugh. The voice is very funny and the aul-one-isims are funny too "x-factory" and what not.

Only thing I would have said to make it better would be not use simon cowell as he's not particularly funny in the clips, maybe try and have a lot more interaction with the "guest", find an interview where perhaps there's a bit of flirting going on between interviewer and interviewee and tailor it to that, or even where there's a lot of banter between the interviewer and interviewee and make it with the oul one.

Funny though. It's been done before, but funny is funny, origionality is in the humour and jokes you make out of it, no doubt the character is funny despite similar being done before.

Oh, and internet forums for advice, 90% will be "That's bleedin shoite! no t!ts in it or nothin!"

• Advertisement

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I enjoyed that, made me laugh. The voice is very funny and the aul-one-isims are funny too "x-factory" and what not.

Only thing I would have said to make it better would be not use simon cowell as he's not particularly funny in the clips, maybe try and have a lot more interaction with the "guest", find an interview where perhaps there's a bit of flirting going on between interviewer and interviewee and tailor it to that, or even where there's a lot of banter between the interviewer and interviewee and make it with the oul one.

Funny though. It's been done before, but funny is funny, origionality is in the humour and jokes you make out of it, no doubt the character is funny despite similar being done before.

Oh, and internet forums for advice, 90% will be "That's bleedin shoite! no t!ts in it or nothin!"

Now that's constructive criticism! I agree that the style of interview i should be doing should change i.e more interactive. This was the first one, so it was very much trial and error. Glad you found it funny though. There's a bit of a following for her on Facebook. I laughed at your comment about Internet Forums being 90% negative!! It's funny because here it's been fairly negative but on Facebook it's alot more positive!

Anyway, thanks again for your opinion!
    Karlos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Banji

Now that's constructive criticism! I agree that the style of interview i should be doing should change i.e more interactive. This was the first one, so it was very much trial and error. Glad you found it funny though. There's a bit of a following for her on Facebook. I laughed at your comment about Internet Forums being 90% negative!! It's funny because here it's been fairly negative but on Facebook it's alot more positive!

Anyway, thanks again for your opinion!
    Karlos

That's because forums are generally more anonymous.

I laughed at the clip. The problem with this is is that anyone could replicate it so you have to depend on your ability to come up with good scenarios rather than the voice or format.

Advertisement