Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a wet room?

Options
  • 15-10-2010 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I was hoping to finished the downstairs bathroom as a wet room. (Shower with no shower-tray).

I have the show area sloped towards the drain and I was wondering is there anything else that I need to do before tiling?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You need to tank the room. Paint on or stick on membrane.
    There is a few threads on here about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pixelFX

Have any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Ask your tiler to do it for you if you are not experienced with it....any good tiler will knwo what to do and what is needed..mine did it for me without extra charge....

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pixelFX

Yeah, I suppose the main thing is that I know what he is meant to be doing, so that I can assure it's done correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Any good Tiling store would have details of wetroom tanking systems. It is very common in Europe. You could Google it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement