Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second time lucky?

Options
  • 14-10-2010 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

This is my second (real) attempt at quitting cigarettes. I tried to give them up in the beginning of March, did quite well, got to 12 weeks and for some reason took the habit back up again :o In some ways I guess I thought it was too easy, as I had no real problems giving them up to start with,I thought I could give them up whenever I wanted...alas, I got caught up in the nasty habit again.
    So two weeks ago I realised again how unhappy I was as a smoker and had my last one two weeks ago tomorrow. Its being out with my smoking friends that I find difficult. Hopefully won't fall into the trap again:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cailindeas25

FOUR WEEKS OFF CIGARETTES SINCE FRIDAY :)
    have been out quite a bit in the four weeks and thankfully haven't given into drunken temptation. treated myself to a present yesterday, might carry on treating myself every month i stay smokefree :)
    and feeling very positive this week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

Congratulations - 4 weeks is great! keep it going - you know you want to :)

4 months for me and feeling great about it. It is such an achievement, so don't underestimate that and keep buying those little ickle presents.
    Well done

thanks NavanEPS, hopefully I'll see the four month mark like you!
    it actually is getting easier every day, especially with the bad weather we're having, don't get the urge to stand in the rain to have a fag anymore :D

seven and a half weeks off the ciggies, woop!!
    and it gets easier each day thank God :)
    thinking cold turkey is the way to go,
    now to convince some of my mates...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Well done, and good luck convincing your friends!

• Advertisement

Two more mates have stopped smoking too, it's fantastic. And we all had such a great night last weekend without the fags, plus hangovers weren't as bad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Fair play to all of you.

Eleven and a half weeks :D Woohoo!!!

Looking forward to New Years Day when I can say I am officially off them three months....

Had a dream last night that I had a cigarette and even in my dream or nightmare I guess it was, it tasted disgusting!!! And I was so relieved that it wasn't real when I woke up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

I'm off them 8 days. I decided it was my new year's resolution, and I want to get a head start in.

This is my fourth attempt at quitting, and I'm feeling the most positive about it.

Like you, I think the first few times I found it easy to quit, but it's become harder each time. Also, back then I thought I was making a sacrifice. This time I really wanted to. I hated the way my room smelled, the way my clothes smelled, how broke I was, everything. It's such a relief now.

If any lurkers happen to read this, I'd recommend Alan Carr's book. It changed my attitude towards smoking. A friend gave me that book two years ago, and I wish I read it then. It would have saved me two years of smoking and a lot of money, but at least I've finally taken the plunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

i was off them for 10 months, stress got me back on them , i used champix to help me found them great, im back on them 2 years now, but started the pills again 2 weeks ago jan 1st 2011 is new target date to stop so here's hoping:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement