Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

310% Flying...

Options
  • 14-10-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82,038 ✭✭✭✭

So the patch has come and with it, Scaled Riding for all mounts. *great*. I think.

It does mean you cant get on your Slow Mount to help a lowbie with a quest without outpacing him. It also means You can't get the current 310% mounts, as they've all been downed to 280% speed.

What?

The Violet Proto, and Glory of the Raider Drakes, Ashes of A'lar, The LK Horse, are now all 280% speed mounts.

Which would be totally fair if they were cranked down to 280% for everyone but No: Just for people that didn't already own one. So say if you got your Violet Proto-Drake @ Brewfest: grats, you saved 5000 gold. But if you needed one last achievement from next week's Halloween festival: You're SOL. All new drops of these rare mounts will be 280%. Blues have tried to atone for their dick move by trying to say we were all really after the mounts for the way they looked. Personally, I wasn't after a purple flying dinosaur for the way it looked.

I guess I could be ticked off about a) Not getting one sooner b) Them not telling us this was coming in patch 4.0.1 or c) Them using the Double Standard for those that had it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Ulduar's two tiers of content old now -- how is it possible to have not obtained the Mount, even from 10 man?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,038 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

By the time I started playing and hit 80, ICC had opened up about 6 weeks before then. Ulduar was already considered not-relevant by enough people. Hence nobody ran it and I was none the wiser until recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I never bothered with all the easy ****, cause well I wasn't too bothered, was more interested being current in raiding and then just quitting.

I knew the change was going to eventually come, I'm happy enough I have the ICC10m HM drake in fairness. The other ones would have been nice but I dont like them as much as mine ;)

Overheal wrote: »
    By the time I started playing and hit 80, ICC had opened up about 6 weeks before then. Ulduar was already considered not-relevant by enough people. Hence nobody ran it and I was none the wiser until recently.

Well then what's the problem? If you're not doing your own research I don't know why you expect you're entitled to something people have worked on for weeks? Also, you ran ICC for weeks but didn't get the Mount (Assuming you were in a Guild)?

EDIT: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27291810112/mounts-and-items-removed-in-4-0-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I have the 'long strange trip' mount, the ulduar one and the icc one.

Being completely honest, the long strange trip one was pathetically easy, all it took was a bit of time (a year) but it didnt require any amount of skill or mad timesinks.

The icc one was hard-ish i guess, as soon as we got the lk down normal mode we went back and did the stuff we were missing and got it.

the ulduar one is stupidly easy to get now, im astonished its still available. I got that one when we were bored of icc with a few guildies and a pug. Also got it on an alt with a pug. The oppurtunitys to get it were out there.

You really cant complain that you didnt get them all when they were available. Anyway, youll be able to buy 310% speed once cata is released so why even make an issue of it?

• Advertisement

Well then what's the problem? If you're not doing your own research I don't know why you expect you're entitled to something people have worked on for weeks? Also, you ran ICC for weeks but didn't get the Mount (Assuming you were in a Guild)?

EDIT: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27291810112/mounts-and-items-removed-in-4-0-3/
    You realize those are the notes for the Shattering Patch, not 4.0.1....
    Being completely honest, the long strange trip one was pathetically easy, all it took was a bit of time (a year) but it didnt require any amount of skill or mad timesinks.

The icc one was hard-ish i guess, as soon as we got the lk down normal mode we went back and did the stuff we were missing and got it.

the ulduar one is stupidly easy to get now, im astonished its still available. I got that one when we were bored of icc with a few guildies and a pug. Also got it on an alt with a pug. The oppurtunitys to get it were out there.

You really cant complain that you didnt get them all when they were available. Anyway, youll be able to buy 310% speed once cata is released so why even make an issue of it?
    Because all the best available information (^) told the playerbase these things wouldnt disappear this soon. Also I havent been 80 long enough to get the violet drake either way, Im not upset that it would have been nerfed/gone/replaced. Even the Blues seemed to think it would still be attainable in 4.0.1.

Its not like I wont find 5k gold or still grab the Rusted/Ironbound (love the Ironbound model) before it's gone for good but im a little bummed about the gold :o

You realize those are the notes for the Shattering Patch, not 4.0.1....

Yes.

Theyve now paid attention to 30+ pages of forum backlash.. the holiday meta will now give you the Master Flying skill (Not the other epic mounts, just the Meta)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27292691674&pageNo=1&sid=1#0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Hate when the cave in to the whiners, i got a 310% over a year ago and if you didn't own one before this patch you don't deserve to ride 310% unless you pay for it.

KilOit wrote: »
    Hate when the cave in to the whiners, i got a 310% over a year ago and if you didn't own one before this patch you don't deserve to ride 310% unless you pay for it.
    They appear to disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Doubtful, the creators of wow came from a very hardcore guild in Everquest and they publicly slated the Everquest developers when they dumbed down content for the masses,
    At the end of the day it's about making money and the choice their making with the mount will bring in more money by keeping subscribers that would probably rage quit if they didn't get their 310% speed riding for free.

I think the point of contention was that they introduced the change without adequate warning.

Even the Arena Season 8 people are still pretty miffed about it. The season ended the week before patch; they were eligible to receive those 310s; and they werent distributed until after the change.

Even the Arena Season 8 people are still pretty miffed about it. The season ended the week before patch; they were eligible to receive those 310s; and they werent distributed until after the change.
    Thats totally out of order allright. They should get 310's no matter what.

However, reading about the widespread corruption and cheating in nearly every US battlegroup, maybe they dont.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dustaz wrote: »
    However, reading about the widespread corruption and cheating in nearly every US battlegroup, maybe they dont.

Ooh, do tell!

Kiith wrote: »
    Ooh, do tell!

http://wowriot.gameriot.com/blogs/World-of-Ming/Season-8-Corruption-Nepotism-Conspiracies-Collusion-Account-Sharing-GCD-Hacking-and-Win-Trading-Who-is-the-Ultimate-Wrathful-Scumbag-1

Dunno if youve come across this guy before but hes pretty much the authority on the US arena scene. Article is pretty exhaustive and conclusive.

No idea if the same thing is going on in europe, was there many ties for R1?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

KilOit wrote: »
    Doubtful, the creators of wow came from a very hardcore guild in Everquest and they publicly slated the Everquest developers when they dumbed down content for the masses,
    Sorry but Furor was not with Blizzard when WoW was being made and Tigole had in no way such powers of decision at the time. This is beyond the fact that it would require at least the lead designer if not higher to decide it.

Also you forget that Blizzard has always, and will always, be aiming for the huge "casual" mass of people in any and all major decisions because they are fully aware of where the money is (and it is not with the bleeding edge people).

http://wowriot.gameriot.com/blogs/World-of-Ming/Season-8-Corruption-Nepotism-Conspiracies-Collusion-Account-Sharing-GCD-Hacking-and-Win-Trading-Who-is-the-Ultimate-Wrathful-Scumbag-1

Dunno if youve come across this guy before but hes pretty much the authority on the US arena scene. Article is pretty exhaustive and conclusive.

No idea if the same thing is going on in europe, was there many ties for R1?
    Woot, go Emberstorm, no proof of corruption :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Anyway, youll be able to buy 310% speed once cata is released so why even make an issue of it?

Pretty sure i saw this available yesterday from the geezer in Dalarn. Was on an alt, so didnt really pay much attention....

Advertisement