Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreambox DM800 - Bootloader Hangs Half Way on LCD then Crashes.

Options
  • 14-10-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I cant get passed the bootloader on My DM800. It hangs half way accross the LCD display then it crashes. On screen I see the Gemini Project/EnigmaII screen loading then it restarts continously.

Should I reflash my image which is:

Bootloader 76 and Gemini Enigma2 (sim201e-76-gp5.00-OE1.6-dm800-20100429).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭strongman

I think you should probably "reflash" it.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Is yours a clone? If you think it's real how do you know? If it is a clone and you've used this image you may have some fun ahead. Only cloned images work on cloned machines.

If it is a real box, you'd better check your SIM card as some older types/fakes only work with bootloader 72. Some suppliers have even modified the bootloader to say its 76 when it's really 72 to work with fake SIMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

If its a clone then you could be in big trouble with the gemini image, as they have a virus or a time bomb in it to kill clone dreamboxes, thats why you should use another clone safe image like niablio, pli open etc. If that is the reason why, your box is fried.

How much did you pay for the DM800, if it was around the 200€ mark, its a chinese clone.

Advertisement