Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel filter change.

Options
  • 14-10-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe this thread would better off in the motors section, but as it's Limerick-related, I thought I'd put it here.

I want to change the fuel filter in my car, and was directed towards PGT autorepairs by a garage who wouldn't do if for me. I asked a member of staff there, but he just said he'd 'see me right' without any actual quote, which made me a bit suspicious to be honest.

I'm wondering if anybody has any feedback on them, and also how much changing a fuel filter should cost me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

PGT are gone from the Dublin road now. Have they moved? I got a fuel filter done at windmill motors a few months ago. Wasn't too bad, they "seen me right"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Anyone ever use PGT?

- Would like a review from someone on here re. competency, honesty and value ;)

P.S. I think they've moved near Rhebogue now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

PGT Autorepairs are beside Limerick Fruit on Park road which links the Corbally link road with the Dublin road. At least, that's the sign over the door.

As I said in the OP, I went to them for a fuel filter change. I lef the car with him and when I came back he told me that my car doesn't have a removable fuel filter, and as he'd done no work, there was no charge. He then quoted me 150 for a full service, which is a decent price imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 veesix

what kind of car do you have?? never heard of a non removable fuel filter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

veesix wrote: »
    what kind of car do you have?? never heard of a non removable fuel filter

What he said....

- No point in filtering the fuel at all it in the first place if you're just going to let debris collect in an non-removable filter to eventually prevent fuel flow completely at some point :confused:

Ring him up and ask him if he just wasn't arséd or if he had just sparked up a nice fresh Johnny Blue at the time or something :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement