Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off the beaten track...

Options
  • 14-10-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on any good books that have slipped under the radar?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Define a good book and define a radar ;)

'Cult' classics are generally very well known anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭imasmeasmecanbe

I found a short wiki somewhere a while ago that just had obscure authors with even more imaginative books I read one or two from the list but have no idea what happened to the wiki ie. I forgot it. I read a book called "Darwins Bastards" that was reccomended there. Excellent book, relatively unkown, under the radar...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

Boxer, Beetle by Ned Beauman and Stone Junction by Jim Dodge. Naturally any good recommendation for an off the beaten track book is still going to be slightly heard of. Otherwise it's more than likely ****. I'll put it this way, you'll be doing well to find the above two books in Easons.

Advertisement