Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenfields Road

Options
  • 14-10-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Just doing my usual stint of going to town via Greenfields Road from Young Munsters direction - seeing as we can't go in the motorway and the Dooradoyle Road was chocca with school runs.

WOULD YOU ADAM AND EVE IT! :eek: They're doing road maintenance on it. :eek: There's no through way from the Childers' Road side. They've got some heavy machinery breaking the concrete up.

Our city planners/road engineers really are some plonkers. Whatever happened to forward planning and Time-'n-Motion or didn't they study these things at Uni?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They are putting in a lot of "obstacles" to discourage people using the road. The residents were up in arms and to be fair it was getting a little congested and dangerous for children.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They will probably erect another set of traffic lights too for good measure since that is the current trend with LCC.

You lot are going on about traffic lights as much as I did about green paint which btw is STILL THERE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Berty wrote: »
    They are putting in a lot of "obstacles" to discourage people using the road. The residents were up in arms and to be fair it was getting a little congested and dangerous for children.

Well Greenfields and Ballinacurra gardens have gotten loads of extra traffic since the change in the motorway system, so when the resurfacing in Greenfields is done, then that extra traffic will return. Plenty of smaller trucks have taken to using the road since the motorway changes.

All this was brought to the attention of the authorities and planners a few years ago, but the "experts" claimed it would have no effect in terms of extra traffic.

Road safety is just a catchphrase for planners at the best of times when they want to push something through.

There is a one way street in Ballinacurra Gardens, and it has cars going up the wrong way every day and night for years now, often on the wrong side of the road as well as going the wrong way, using it as a short cut from Childers road to Ballinacurra road and the authorities have no problem with that being a danger to children or residents.

If Gardai were to stay at the football pitch end with a camera for just one full day, then I reckon that at least a hundred cars would be caught going the wrong way at speed up the one way street. Then again I guess it is mainly elderly people on that stretch so authorities don't give a damn.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

You lot are going on about traffic lights as much as I did about green paint which btw is STILL THERE!!

Oh yeah, what IS that all about, noticed around the place a lot lately. Do enlighten me, please!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, what IS that all about, noticed around the place a lot lately. Do enlighten me, please!

Email this crowd:

http://www.greatlimerickrun.com/

Ask them why their email saying "it will wear away when it rains" was a load of bullsh*t because we have had a lot of rain since the "Great Limerick Run" and its still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Why does the green paint bother you so much Berty? It's hardly ideal but does it distract you or something?

If you drive around any city with an established road race you'll often see old markings on the road, especially in Galway for the Streets of Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

you people would give out about anything. (I'm going to see how many threads I can apply this to today)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I never see any green paint, but I am not looking for it either and the traffic light issue is much worse Berty!

Cant wait to see how many ramps they put down on Greenfields road!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Kess73 wrote: »
    Well Greenfields and Ballinacurra gardens have gotten loads of extra traffic since the change in the motorway system, so when the resurfacing in Greenfields is done, then that extra traffic will return. Plenty of smaller trucks have taken to using the road since the motorway changes.

All this was brought to the attention of the authorities and planners a few years ago, but the "experts" claimed it would have no effect in terms of extra traffic.

Road safety is just a catchphrase for planners at the best of times when they want to push something through.

There is a one way street in Ballinacurra Gardens, and it has cars going up the wrong way every day and night for years now, often on the wrong side of the road as well as going the wrong way, using it as a short cut from Childers road to Ballinacurra road and the authorities have no problem with that being a danger to children or residents.

If Gardai were to stay at the football pitch end with a camera for just one full day, then I reckon that at least a hundred cars would be caught going the wrong way at speed up the one way street. Then again I guess it is mainly elderly people on that stretch so authorities don't give a damn.

I live on that strip of road, and it has become quite dangerous recently, especially after they put down new gas lines along there recently, where they had to remove the little island thingie at the end, to prevent cars from coming up, and for turning - I don't drive so I Don't know what its called :P

It is quite an annoyance though, my dog even had a few close calls over it, when she escapes.

• Advertisement

I live on that strip of road, and it has become quite dangerous recently, especially after they put down new gas lines along there recently, where they had to remove the little island thingie at the end, to prevent cars from coming up, and for turning - I don't drive so I Don't know what its called :P

It is quite an annoyance though, my dog even had a few close calls over it, when she escapes.

The traffic island is meant to go back again, but even when it was there, the cars still came up that street the wrong way in a dangerous fashion.

That traffic island needs to have a curve, when it gets rebuilt, at the left hand side of it as you look towards it from the football pitch end. That way it would allow traffic turning left to follow the curve, but it would make it difficult for cars going the wrong way to drive up the street on the right hand side of the road.

My mother knows a woman living on that street who is on the local committee, turned out that her son was the guy who I saw saving the kid from the car on the main Ballinacurra road, and from what I can gather the rest of the committee live elsewhere in the estate and as such have no real interest in raising the issue with the authorities.

Funniest of all is when there is a garda car short cutting through the area and a car drives up the one way straight the wrong way against the garda car, and the Gardai continue on seemingly oblivious to the fact it is a one way street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

that paint will never go away berty. you can even see it on stree view (maybe???)

that paint will never go away berty. you can even see it on stree view (maybe???)

Nope. The images were taken too long ago for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I like the paint. It adds a bit of colour to the city.

Looks like your strip of road and the bit around the corner in Oakview drive was very busy about an hour ago. Seems a bunch of scumbags were passing through again and left three cars, one from your street and two from Oakview drive, in such a state that all three had to be taken away by truck.

Was passing through Oakview drive as I was seeing a friend home, and we saw the ruined cars and people out looking at them. Seems the same thing happened a week or two ago as well.

Advertisement