Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to Park for Thomond (Saturday)

Options
  • 14-10-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Going to the Munster match on Saturday in Thomand Park - Travelling from Waterford (N24). Where is the best place to park so that I can get back on the road easy eough after the match. Arriving around 13:00

if someone would be so good as to use www.myloc8ion.com and suggest a few codes it would be great

apologies if this has been discussed before - I did use the search function but couldn't find anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

How far are you willing to walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭Bards

20 mins - 30 tops

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Anywhere in the city center would do you for parking it will be around 20 minutes walk. Another option for you would be to drive as far as Kilmurray Lodge hotel and get the park and ride to Thomond Park. Loc8 gives it as: QFP-55-8VN Subject to validation.

It'll drop you to the gate of the stadium and pick up after and bring you back to the car park. Not sure of the price involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

and you'll notice limerick people like to call it Thomond park

+1 for park and ride

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As you are coming in from the Tipperary side you will be well worth using the PARK AND RIDE at B&Q which is basically about 100 mtrs off the N24.

That is unless they have stopped doing it but its always there on match days from memory. My missus used it once. She works next door to B&Q and her mother lives across the road from Thomond Park. Handy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Another option is take the exit for galway go under the tunnell pay the 1;80, take the exit for caherdavin, 2nd exit on the roundabout, straight fwd second exit at the next roundabout, park up at the jetland shopping centre and stroll up to Thomond park

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

padma wrote: »
    Another option is take the exit for galway go under the tunnell pay the 1;80, take the exit for caherdavin, 2nd exit on the roundabout, straight fwd second exit at the next roundabout, park up at the jetland shopping centre and stroll up to Thomond park

That's what I was going to suggest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Great minds think alike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

I wouldn't bother its so much hassle...just send ur tickets to me!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

padma wrote: »

Probably the best option if you're with people who have to leave straight after the match, if you're going into town for a few pints then any of the mulit-storeys in town would be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

This is the list of P&Rs from munsterrugby.ie

The Park and Ride facility will be in operation from the following locations:
    Kilmurry Lodge Hotel - Service starting @ 12.30pm
    Radisson Hotel, Ennis Rd - Service starting @ 12.30pm
    City East Plaza - Service starting @ 12.30pm
    Maldron Hotel – Service starting @ 2.30pm
    Raheen Ryans Centra – Service starting @ 1pm

B&Q is in the City East Plaza.

and you'll notice limerick people like to call it Thomond park

+1 for park and ride

sorry for the typo - I have the Thread title correct:D

This is the list of P&Rs from munsterrugby.ie

The Park and Ride facility will be in operation from the following locations:
    Kilmurry Lodge Hotel - Service starting @ 12.30pm
    Radisson Hotel, Ennis Rd - Service starting @ 12.30pm
    City East Plaza - Service starting @ 12.30pm
    Maldron Hotel – Service starting @ 2.30pm
    Raheen Ryans Centra – Service starting @ 1pm

B&Q is in the City East Plaza.

anyone like to Loc8 the City East Plaza for me? - Looks likle this might be the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

QFP-03-P46 (subject to validation)

Thats pretty much City East Plaza

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I think Collins Bar, Smyths and O Connells are all doing buses out to Thomond Park and return you to those pubs after. Could park in the Cornmarket and use either O Connells one or Smyths one. Maybe park at Collins Bar (Dooradoyle) who are offering a free pint when you return from the match too. Not sure the price of the bus, cheap enough afaik. Loads of options for parking really, Jetland, Woodies or if willing to walk a little bit further Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

synotts in Newtown annacotty run a park and ride return for €3.50, and you can have a drink while you're waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Scotts Bar on Ashbourne Avenue, just off the dock road are running one aswell, €3 return!!

I never knew there was so many of these things being run!

alan1990 wrote: »

Cheers for that - I think I'll go with this - looks the most straightforward and not too far off the N24 so handy for the return journey to Waterford. Now if only munsterrugby.ie and other sites would start to list LOC8 codes it would make journeys so much easier as not everyone is familiar with locations called by name

• Registered Users Posts: 23,724 ✭✭✭✭phog

alan1990 wrote: »

This is my first time using Loc8 but I think this location code if for near B&Q.
    Bards wrote: »
    Cheers for that - I think I'll go with this - looks the most straightforward and not too far off the N24 so handy for the return journey to Waterford. Now if only munsterrugby.ie and other sites would start to list LOC8 codes it would make journeys so much easier as not everyone is familiar with locations called by name

I think you should be heading for here QFP-80-Q86 (subject to validation)

Tip for avoiding some of the heavy traffic:

When approching Limerick on the N24, just as you near the flyover of the M7 - turn left att he point QFN-04-8ZN (I hope I'm doing this right). The road sweeps to your right almost immediately and run parrallel to the N24, pass out Morrissons Pub on right, uner the railway bridge then under the M7. Take your third road to the right (1st one, a very narrow road near a tatch pub, 2nd one into one of the retail parks (I think you may see the rear of Harvey Normans) 3rd one to the right is into the retail park too this time at PJ Matthews plumbing supplies, straight through at the roundabout on the N24, nest roundabout is your loaction.

I'm confused

According to Streetview in Google Maps

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.651395,-8.575387&spn=0,0.065875&z=15&layer=c&cbll=52.649031,-8.574617&panoid=2YI2kbaKbzRa8ARcW7fakA&cbp=12,295.37,,0,11.57

Is the P&R at the B&Q carpark? if so, then QFP-03-P46 is where I want to go

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »

Indeed you are correct B&Q is in the City East Retail Park and the P&R is from the City East Plaza. Until now I didn't realise that they were different places.

I'm confused

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.651395,-8.575387&spn=0,0.065875&z=15&layer=c&cbll=52.649031,-8.574617&panoid=2YI2kbaKbzRa8ARcW7fakA&cbp=12,295.37,,0,11.57

They're directly accross from each other. B&Q in in the retail park which is left at the roundabout and the plaza is right at the roundabout.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=52.650595,-8.576428&spn=0.004042,0.011362&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=52.650627,-8.576779&panoid=j5jeAPVzHYdI-nZrCmLeHw&cbp=12,269.94,,0,5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

If you are going to be up at 13.00 you will get plenty of parking on the roads within 5-10 mins walk of Thomond. That's the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

finbarrk wrote: »
    If you are going to be up at 13.00 you will get plenty of parking on the roads within 5-10 mins walk of Thomond. That's the best option.

I think the OP actually wants to leave quickly so I wouldnt recommend this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

phog wrote: »
    This is my first time using Loc8 but I think this location code if for near B&Q.

Tip for avoiding some of the heavy traffic:

When approching Limerick on the N24, just as you near the flyover of the M7 - turn left att he point QFN-04-8ZN (I hope I'm doing this right). The road sweeps to your right almost immediately and run parrallel to the N24, pass out Morrissons Pub on right, uner the railway bridge then under the M7. Take your third road to the right (1st one, a very narrow road near a tatch pub, 2nd one into one of the retail parks (I think you may see the rear of Harvey Normans) 3rd one to the right is into the retail park too this time at PJ Matthews plumbing supplies, straight through at the roundabout on the N24, nest roundabout is your loaction.

That's just confusing, it's easier to go straight in the N24 till you get to the roundabout by B&Q, take a right head towards big car park...(can't miss it)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,724 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'm confused

No the P&R is not in the B&Q carpark, it on the other side of the N24.
    foinse wrote: »
    That's just confusing, it's easier to go straight in the N24 till you get to the roundabout by B&Q, take a right head towards big car park...(can't miss it)

Not that confusing, turn left, sweep right, under 2 bridges and then 3rd right. If traffic has started to build up you could save yourself a mighty amount of time.

I offered it as an option.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

foinse wrote: »

But much easier to take the other route and avoid all the traffic, dont you think?

Thanks guys for all the replies - I'll post back here on Sunday/Monday to let you all know how I got on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

All the Park and Ride options here

• Advertisement
Advertisement