Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hauppauge - WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick (USB)

Options
  • 14-10-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

Hauppauge - WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick

Windows XP Home SP3
    wintv7_cd_2.2b.exe

H.264 Video: CoreAVC Video Decoder

Everything else: nVidia

---

Picked up this USB stick very cheap on eBay. I am in the lucky position of being South Dublin.. and having no issues with the little aerial. Everything tunes in fine. TV and Audio.

The issues I do have are:

Perfectly square and small TV picture, inside the Hauppauge WinTV7 viewing area, which, seemingly, so far, I cannot resize. Full screen or not.

Very slow channel change with the Hauppauge software.

Would the square image be a H.264 driver issue?

Can someone recommend alternative H.264 drivers? A bonus if they're non commercial, or GPL\open source.

Can someone recommend software with a more responsive and minimal UI?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

why not just use windows media centre? Works well for me. Actually if you dont mind can you check out the RTE NL HD channel when they are broadcasting their HD test and let me know if your getting picture problems? I am using this stick in the back of a dreambox and would just like to either isolate it to the usb stick or the dreambox driver.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

anoble66 wrote: »
    why not just use windows media centre?

XP Home SP3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

AFAIK you can download Windoze Media centre free from their website for XP. I find it the best of any software packages except that it uses it's own file format if you intend keeping recordings. Converting from .WTV can be a pain but for everyday use it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Core AVC for MPEG4
    ProgDVB for viewing/Control

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Excellent Watty, the interface is instant and responsive.. as opposed to Hauppauge WinTV.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

AFAIK you can download Windoze Media centre free from their website for XP. I find it the best of any software packages except that it uses it's own file format if you intend keeping recordings. Converting from .WTV can be a pain but for everyday use it's grand.

The only version of Media Center that supports H.264 is on Windows 7.

Other versions you need to hack to force it to use other codecs like CoreAVC or Cyberlink.

I don't think you get Media Center on XP unless you have XP MCE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

got the hauppauge wintv stick today
    anyone knows what settings to input for receiving the channels?

I have it connected to the usb port of a linux sat decoder ,driver wise I am ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

what location are you in (nearest transmitter) eg Three Rock is 738000/8MHZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

ye three rock , those settings worked great thanks a mill

Advertisement