Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When Harvey Met Bob

Options
  • 14-10-2010 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hay, what did you think of " When Harvey met Bob" last night? You know what, I think Bob Geldof should have been a contender for "Irelands Greatest"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Christy Ha wrote: »
    Hay, what did you think of " When Harvey met Bob" last night? You know what, I think Bob Geldof should have been a contender for "Irelands Greatest"

I absolutely loved it!! It was the best piece of viewing of RTE in a long time.:)
    I knew a lot of work went into live aid - but didn't have any concept of how much work went into it.
    I never particularly liked Geldof(still don't) but he is some man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Nice little programme alright. But there has already been so much about Live aid, you wonder if it was really a worthwhile project.

Gleeson was quite good but made Geldof even moanier than he is; It looked like he was not capable of smiling...

actually, Was it true that Geldof collapsed on his way to the TV studio?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Christy Ha wrote: »

In the initial round of voting for Irelands Greatest I voted for Bob and I was shocked he didn't get through. For me he is our Greatest on many levels.
    I thought When Harvey Met Bob was well done on the whole but in places the acting left a lot to be desired and they were a little extreme in their making Bob to be so grumpy. He isn't that grumpy. I have photo evidence of him smiling ;)
    Nice little programme alright. But there has already been so much about Live aid, you wonder if it was really a worthwhile project.

Gleeson was quite good but made Geldof even moanier than he is; It looked like he was not capable of smiling...

actually, Was it true that Geldof collapsed on his way to the TV studio?

I'm not sure if it happened as was shown in the film but I have read before that Bob was in agony that day.
    Also as this is the 25th year since Live Aid and the angle of the story wasn't well know I think they were right to make it as it reminds people even after all the great work done that there is still needless suffering taking place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Thought it was Great myself, they really nailed the way things looked like in 1985!!!

Did anyone else notice the bit in Fuscos Chipper on Meath Street???

Didn't notice that bit Luke. I watched it again last night but have to say I mush preferred the Live Aid documentary on straight after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I was there. I worked on Live Aid as I was an intern with Harvey Goldsmith at the time. As someone who worked on it, it was amazingly and surprisingly accurate. Great memories. One thing though, while Geldof could be rude he was never that rude, just frustrated and brusque at times.

leincar wrote: »
    I was there. I worked on Live Aid as I was an intern with Harvey Goldsmith at the time. As someone who worked on it, it was amazingly and surprisingly accurate. Great memories. One thing though, while Geldof could be rude he was never that rude, just frustrated and brusque at times.

Wow, what amazing memories you must have! Thanks for confirming what I said about Bob. The second time watching that grated quite a bit. Poor Bob!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

leincar wrote: »

Was the bit true about Geldof putting the whole thing back by a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Was the bit true about Geldof putting the whole thing back by a week?

I'm going back in the midst of time now. I was an unpaid intern so was the lowest of the low, and it was nearly 26 years ago. However there was talk of the concert being held on Saturday June 29. Wheather that was true or not I can't remember to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

In the programme the event was supposedly put back a week in order to accommodate Springsteen, but Springsteen didn't end up appearing on the bill at all on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Made for interesting viewing. Geldof was a bit of chancer but fair play to him!

Advertisement