Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preliminary Tax

Options
  • 14-10-2010 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I earned a small amount of rental income for 2008. I completed my first Form 11 in a bit of a rush and filed it in Oct 09. Having more time to research it this year I notice I should have paid preliminary tax for 2009 last October also.

I did slightly overestimate the tax due for 2008 and received a letter from the revenue with a small refund.

I am wondering if I should just go ahead and file for 2009 for rental income earned and pay preliminary tax for 2010 in my tax return this month and hope they don’t notice?

Or should I contact them to clarify what my position is?

I am worried that I am going to be hit with interest which I can’t really afford at the moment.

I assume that they are not obliged, but would the revenue not request or highlight that that preliminary tax was due when sending out the refund for the 08 tax return? I included workings to highlight that it all related to 2008.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Advertisement