Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LF Cata Guild

Options
  • 13-10-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there, I'm pretty new to these forums but I figure they're the best place to post this. I'm currently playing a Feral DPS Druid on Karazhan EU in a 25man Raiding Guild. I was Main Tank and Tanking CL for our guild through much of ICC and ICC Hc so I've tanked and DPS'd 11/12 HC in 10man and 10/12 HC in 25man. I'm looking to move guilds for Cata as I'd like to focus on 10man and most importantly I'm looking for a guild that Raids at more Irish friendly times. I'm currently Horde but I'd like to make the move to Alliance with my current character. I'd really appreciate any recommendations for good Alliance guilds on stable servers. Preferably the kind of guilds that have cleared 11/12 HC content, possibly even 12/12 HC. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

www.outlandirish.com

You can pop an app o nthere, we are mostly Irish.

We kinda all sparsed out of WoW with boredom after 12/12HM but a few lads went onto doing 12/12hm 25man.

Come Cata we are looking to push through content at server 10man pace.

Pop an app and the lads will get in touch with you if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Are you only looking for 10-man based Raiding Guild?

I'm in a world top 20 Guild at the moment and we're looking for a Feral Druid with the type of experience you have. Could probably also vouch for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheShogun

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking for a guild that Raids 3 days a week but doesn't use that as an excuse to suck. I can't really commit to 5 day raiding weeks anymore but I still intend hitting it hard when I am in a Raid. I said 10man because it seem 10's tend to be 3 day week guilds more then 25;s but depending on what the guild is like 25's could be grand too. If you want Armory links or you have questions feel free to PM me and we can chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

well im in a 25 man semi-hardcore horde guild on chromaggus (9/12 hc atm) and we raid just two days a week. I'm the only irish i'm afraid but still, they're a friendly bunch. Into cata we'll stay the same, doing 2 days a week.
    http://macabre-guild.wowstead.com/ < Site if you'd like to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Someone on facebook startin up a Irish guild for cata on Doomhammer. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=153782087979231

Seems to have made a lvl 1 on most realms and was askin a bit in trade. Dunno if they will go about again and do it but thought might be a idea to post it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

That seems like giant fail.

the GL hasnt played wow in a while apparently and now he wants to raid. Some of the people are talking about playing goblins which means they'd have to level fully. Sounds casual:P

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Dustaz wrote: »
    That seems like giant fail.

the GL hasnt played wow in a while apparently and now he wants to raid. Some of the people are talking about playing goblins which means they'd have to level fully. Sounds casual:P

Chinese whispers, i am the GM from Doomhammer that has been recruiting on all realms for people to make alts with Erin Go Bragh guild on Doomhammer. http://irishwar.no-ip.org is a link that will bring u to the facebook page we have set up to encourage irish players to make alts on Doomhammer at cata.

The idea is simple, we irish are all spread out throughout all the realms, i will not ask people to move their main characters to doomhammer since the guild there is simply not ready to be a raiding guild, that will require time.
    So the idea is to bring the irish together using alts to create a social guild, since many will be making goblin/worgen on the horde/alliance side of the guild ( yes we are running both factions since irish players want to play both )

some people will not be interested in this, but a large amount of irish people i have spoken to on ALL english speaking realms have either made real id friends with me or joined the facebook group or both. Perhaps in a year when people have their worgen/goblins leveled then the guilf raiding will start, till then its just a leveling and social guild, all irish and their friends are welcome

ps. i have been playing wow 5 years so the comment about me being away is untrue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I'll roll an alt and join so long as you're not all culchies :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sure i might roll one as well. Not much else going on at the moment.

Hang on...PvE? Bluegh! No thanks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

I'll probably roll a toon there also to check out the story. If it looks good might move over one of my 80's and level it up on there.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Hang on...PvE? Bluegh! No thanks :P

There's no world pvp anywhere anymore anyway so it doesn't really make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

It's a nice idea from a social point of view and I wish you every success in it. Personally speaking, alt levelling is a pain, particularly without the support of a main --in terms of gold, professions, herilooms -- but that can be overcome with a good community. My model for alt levelling alts was RAF and get from 1-60 ASAP so the thoughts of starting afresh is hard to bear :P
    I'm happy with the 3 characters I have but may make a level 1 to see how ye are getting on and tip away levelling every so often, maybe even horde side just to experience that for a change.

As a long term raiding venture it's going to be difficult to see it being successful unless you open it up outside of Irish people -- which effectively makes it like any other guild on any other server just with a higher population of Irish people. Like our guild overall is probably 75% Irish and it is reflected in our core 10 man raid group which pushed hard for a LK heroic kill. We had one Portugese guy and a chap from Scotland and a few other nationalities that used to sub in on nights where we were short. I don't think our progress would have been possible without outside help but certainly a purely social guild or even a social raiding guild is possible with a purely Irish base.

Best of luck either way, will keep an eye on your site.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Omphin wrote: »
    Chinese whispers, i am the GM from Doomhammer that has been recruiting on all realms for people to make alts with Erin Go Bragh guild on Doomhammer. http://irishwar.no-ip.org is a link that will bring u to the facebook page we have set up to encourage irish players to make alts on Doomhammer at cata.

The idea is simple, we irish are all spread out throughout all the realms, i will not ask people to move their main characters to doomhammer since the guild there is simply not ready to be a raiding guild, that will require time.
    So the idea is to bring the irish together using alts to create a social guild, since many will be making goblin/worgen on the horde/alliance side of the guild ( yes we are running both factions since irish players want to play both )

some people will not be interested in this, but a large amount of irish people i have spoken to on ALL english speaking realms have either made real id friends with me or joined the facebook group or both. Perhaps in a year when people have their worgen/goblins leveled then the guilf raiding will start, till then its just a leveling and social guild, all irish and their friends are welcome

ps. i have been playing wow 5 years so the comment about me being away is untrue

Aah, apologies. I just skimmed the facebook page and thats what iu thought i gleamed.

Good luck with it:)

Nehaxak wrote: »
    There's no world pvp anywhere anymore anyway so it doesn't really make a difference.

Thats unfortunately a good point.

If there were enough of us however, on both Alliance and Horde, same server, we could keep attacking each other between Southshore/Tarren Mill and try spur some old style world pvp up again :D

If there were enough of us however, on both Alliance and Horde, same server, we could keep attacking each other between Southshore/Tarren Mill and try spur some old style world pvp up again :D

If only there were 80 fo us :(

I like the sound of that, reminds me of old times and i think thats a great idea. I can just hear them saying " the irish are killing each other again" lol

Omphin wrote: »
    I like the sound of that, reminds me of old times and i think thats a great idea. I can just hear them saying " the irish are killing each other again" lol

What we could do is split the guild between the factions based on whether or not you're from Dublin - Dubs get the Horde though :pac:

If it turns out there's a load of culchies claiming to be from Dublin then we'll have to invoke the granny laws.

Ah no, I'm only messing on the Dub v Culchie thing :D but would be a bit of fun alright if there were ever enough Irish together on the one server split between factions.

I rolled a DK on that server, just to look around. The only trouble I have with it is that it's on the same BattleGroup as Draenor, which I currently play on (same as Sunstrider, which a few of us used to play on together also) - that whole BattleGroup is seriously over populated with Horde, wait times for solo pvp BG's are 25+ minutes at best.

If I were to level a toon seriously on that server it would only be Alliance as I can't deal with long pvp queues any more, and I like to solo pvp in the BG at times late at night/early morning.

The Alliance are shít at pvp on that BG too, so it could do with some decent skilled Irish pvp'ers :)

Theres about 50 - 60 irish people interested in making alts on doomhammer in december, half of them rolling ally, half rolling horde, and if they bring some mates the numbers could be higher. From going through 60 odd english speaking realms on both factions recruiting thats what u get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I will probably transfer over my ally main to doomhammer in november for this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill most likely be resubbing soon and looking for a new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Just noticed doomhammer is a pve realm :( If there is any irish guild on a pvp server or a pre cata guild Id be interesting in joining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Just noticed doomhammer is a pve realm :( If there is any irish guild on a pvp server or a pre cata guild Id be interesting in joining

none that i know off everyone is scattered around , good few irish on kor'gall

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

DrMorphine wrote: »

We are on pvp outland server, website address is above

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheShogun

Thanks for the suggestions.

I wasn't able to find an Irish guild with the mix of progression/realm/schedule I wanted but I did find something that fit the bill so now I'm lurking on Sylvanas.

Sadly I had to go Moonkin to make the move..... and lost all my Argent Tourney achievments.

I really thought they would have fixed that problem with the faction transfer by now.

Advertisement