Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

schedule to the end......

Options
  • 13-10-2010 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm not certain about the timing of events in completing our build.

Where we are:

windows in, plasterer working away.

Q. there seems to be differing opinions on whether door frames should be in before plastering, he says not??

Should we paint first when inside plastering is done and then put up frames/architraves/skirting?

Do we tile before skirting?

Do we tile before the stairs goes in ?

Any help on this would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Personally I would paint & floor before the skirting goes on because there is no cutting in to be done and no moulding needed to cover the gaps at the edge of the flooring when it is hidden under the skirting. I would put the door frames in before plastering for a flush finish to fit the architrave on.

No idea about the stairs though. Is it timber and do you have heating in the house? If it is timber how long can it be in the house without heating on? Is that even an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

i would put up tempory plastering frames of 18mm ply before plastering and fit the door frames when screed is in and all is dried out. this will save the frames from damage and swelling of frames which can cause trouble when fitting arcitraves. when the screed and plastering is dried out i wud also fit the carcase of the staircase( this could also be done before the screed) tile into the stairs. paint walls then. lay all floors (wood and tile) second fix carpentry (doors skirting and arcitrave) then stair balstrade and landing. skirting should be scribed 2 the wood and tile floors if there is any uneveness. i wud recomend giving the walls there final coat when all work is finished. i would also recomend flow screed self leveling screed ( allow time and heat to dry out).prefinish skirting and arcitrave doors stairs etc. i donno if ur goin doing this your self? but if u decide 2 fit tempory plastering frames take care with openings sizes and make sure there 100% plumb and line up and know the FFL(finish floor level)

Advertisement