Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless in the college?

Options
  • 13-10-2010 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what is going on with the wireless in the college at all?

Doesn't seem to be any in the library any more, as far as i can tell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

The Wifi was being updated during the summer to add the Carrolls building to the network.

It was supposed to be ready the second week back but its now meant to be the week of the bank holiday before its back, so 2 weeks then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Pushing to be a university is it?

I hope nobody comes to inspect the place...

Hah - yeah its a joke - so are the moodle outages. I had to upload a CA on Monday and it was down - luckily the lecturer just let us email to him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ah sure we're only heading in to week 8 now, no rush lads ;) may as well leave it until next year...

I've gone back to pen and paper, plus these mad things called b-o-o-k-s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Could be worse, could be in Maynooth, how that place is a Uni I'll never know, only thing it has is some HUGE lecture room's.

The computers that were there two years ago were pre historic!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I can never seem to connect to the wireless, it can find it but can never connect, tis most annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

its not up. Its certainly not up in the places it needs to be. Computer services took the old system down and promised a new one in the summer and simply havent delivered.

Its quite frankly embarassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭BLACKEN

its not up. Its certainly not up in the places it needs to be. Computer services took the old system down and promised a new one in the summer and simply havent delivered.

Its quite frankly embarassing.

Well you'll be glad to know that the new wifi system should be in place in about two weeks time.

The reason for the delay is due to the fact that each wifi point in the college has to be tested on its own first.

The system was ment to be switched on open day but if the system gets switched on and some points of the wifi are'nt working right then your going to have massive delays to maybe janurary!

So hopefully in two weeks everything should be online. With 100% coverage in the new carroll's building and 80% in the business studies department.

So January it is then.. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Why dont they tell people this stuff instead of it just not working?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I have to say it beyond a joke now at this stage , were near finished our first semester in the college and there is no wifi , Crazy time is about to hit in the library and there is still no WIFI ! What are people doing SERIOUSLY !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Yeah, it's absolute bollox. AND non of the Mac Labs are open at all times so you are never guaranteed a place to sit down and do work on a Mac.

And I need to work on a Mac before anyone butts in. The PC's don't have Flash CS4 and other up to date software. Maybe that's changed now though?

im...LOST wrote: »
    Yeah, it's absolute bollox. AND non of the Mac Labs are open at all times so you are never guaranteed a place to sit down and do work on a Mac.

And I need to work on a Mac before anyone butts in. The PC's don't have Flash CS4 and other up to date software. Maybe that's changed now though?

Bahahahahahahaha....no. :p

Actualy one of the labs in Carrolls got all new iMacs - there flippin class but the lab is always booked up :mad:
    Also, whats with the 'new' Lenovo computers acting crap - it took me 5 minutes to open Netbeans today and the sound of them is horrid if you actually try to do something on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Actualy one of the labs in Carrolls got all new iMacs - there flippin class but the lab is

2 labs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Actualy one of the labs in Carrolls got all new iMacs - there flippin class but the lab is always booked up :mad:
    Also, whats with the 'new' Lenovo computers acting crap - it took me 5 minutes to open Netbeans today and the sound of them is horrid if you actually try to do something on them

Yeah some of them have the fans maxed out constantly, i'm not sure why - can be incredibly noisy / annoying.

Advertisement