Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Book

Options
  • 13-10-2010 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey guys I'm looking for a book that covers the structure of the nfl, salary caps, how the draft works and stuff like the running of a franchise. I need a book to brush up on my knowledge for college assignment. Any help would be great.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Kingdor wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm looking for a book that covers the structure of the nfl, salary caps, how the draft works and stuff like the running of a franchise. I need a book to brush up on my knowledge for college assignment. Any help would be great.:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League

if you cant find everything in the article or the citations you're doing something wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

http://www.amazon.com/More-than-Game-Glorious-Uncertain/dp/1439109184

Excellent book and covers a lot of these topics.
    Quite a short book but I found it very good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

America's Game: The Epic Story of How Pro Football Captured a Nation by Michael Cambridge is excellent and it gives a very good account of how the NFL grew from modest beginnings to dominate America and the logic behind the draft and salary cap etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Kingdor wrote: »

Try Rich Eisen's Total Access journey to the center of the NFL universe. It's a nice book that will compliment the above. It goes through regular season, playoffs, superbowl, offseason (draft, probowl, training camp). Depending on the level of detail you want, I'm unsure if it'll fill your needs. It's an all round good book and is written in a laid back and personal style. Worth a look.

Advertisement