Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - recommend someone to replace shower unit

Options
  • 13-10-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reasonable and reliable plumber to fit a Mira power shower? It's a replacement, so the plumbing and wiring is already in place.

<snip> plumber came to do the job, but said the unit he got was faulty so now I'm left with an old shower unit in the bin and two pipes sticking out of the wall. He says <snip> are being difficult on giving him a replacement so he suggested I call <snip> to do the job. They promised to call me back with a price but so far they haven't done so.

Any advice?

It seems odd that <snip> pulled out of the job. I hope there is no damage done to my pipes. After a few goes with bleach I've managed to get rid of the marks they left on the shower tray.

Thanks in advance for any advice or recommendations.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you post your area in dublin, you should get some offers via PM iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi Knight... If the plumber supplied and fitted the unit they are legally bound to stand over it...

Additionally most plumbers know the triton and mira rules that if a shower does not work upon fitting the first port of call is to ring the service teams attached to each shower...The service team then establish if it is a manufacturing fault or installiation fault... If the plumber does not allow for this its going to be hard for them to prove a manufacturing fault and if the company the plumber is buying it off is being awkard i would not blame them in these circumstances...

Folks any more rec's on this please PM to knight. Thank you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement