Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Áras Card

Options
  • 13-10-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭

Anyone else pick one of these up today? It's a new loyalty card scheme for all the Student Centre shops. I know it's going to appeal to my inherent point scoring values.

For those of you who haven't registered the deal goes that you get 4 points for every €1 spent in the stationery shop and the new bar dinner spot (I think) and 2 points per €1 in the shops and cafés. This converts to money off in the long run. It doesn't count for accruing points and cashing in on booze and tobacco and a couple of other things (which is a pity.) And the coffee/tea situation is different in that it's every 10th is free or so.

I looked through the details (which you can't see until you register which is a bit of a balls.) There's nothing untoward in it, and it doesn't say that they'll be selling the information on, which from what I remember is a requirement should they wish to do so.

The only thing to look out for is that the spam controls are opt out rather than opt in. So tick the boxes if you don't want texts/emails/spam from "partners." Either way I used my student email and that gets enough crap anyway, so I'm not bothered.

Anyway, seems like an ok idea. If it helps them run the shops and cafes better, then good. And cheaper stuff is always good (as long as it's not a penny on the pound.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Got one today, must do the signy up thingy on the net yet - sounds good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Aoi

Where do you pick them up, and until when can you do it? do you know. because I haven't seen them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

I got mine from a male staff with red hair in Oasis yesterday. Try them or anywhere really I think. He just told me about this new card and give it to me.
    I got it registered just now and will give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

When registering the new card it asks for my Loyalty Card number. Where do I get this info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

you know the bar code on the card - that is your loyalty number!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

How much is each point worth?

I cant find that anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

According to the guy in the New Bar, 200 points is worth €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Loyalty Card Details:
    Free coffee on registration
    4 points for every €1 you spend in Cafe Oasis, Panorama, Tog Leat and Club Aras catering..
    2 points on every €1 spent in shops.

Every point is worth 1c, you can start spending after 250 points.

Coffees and teas don't get points but after you buy 10, you get one free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

According to the guy in the New Bar, 200 points is worth €5.

I read that as 250 Pints and almost fainted :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

Do you gain points for purchases in the book shop too?

• Advertisement
Advertisement