Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three and Android

Options
  • 13-10-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

I've been using an x10mini on three for the past three months and have to say that their 3g is pretty erratic, I'll go from full signal to roaming (without data of course) and back again seemingly randomly, often without even having moved location. The roaming only last 20-30 seconds and switches back by it's own accord. Results from the speed test app are all over the place too - it's been getting very slow speeds over the past two week, but then again out of the blue it was dowloading 2700kbps at 5pm yesterday. I'm located in Cork city, so my location shouldn't be a problem.

The thing is three's pricing is fantastic and I'm thinking of changing over to bill pay in the next month, but I'm concerned with how the network is overall -reading the iPhone thread doesn't inspire confidence - and I'm wondering how everyone is getting on with their Android devices.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am with 3 as well (have a Galaxy S), I have no problems with speed or internet. I was originally having issues with 2G data but that is now fixed for me. I find it so much better than when I was with O2.

When I was with O2, I used to move from H to 3G to Edge and I hadn't moved location either. As long as I get a stable connection with 3, that is all I want :)

Works like a dream for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

+1 for the Galaxy S.

Great Reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭heepie

Using a Galaxy Spica located in Galway and I never had any real issues but I'll keep this is mind because my 3g connection seems to drop sometimes but not sure if this is down to location (indoors, etc) or if phone problem.

I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days

Advertisement