Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trains from Munich to Austrian Ski Resorts?

Options
  • 13-10-2010 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Folks,

Going skiing in Austria in Feb 2011.

Thinking of flying into Munich and getting train from there. Does anyone know the cost of the trains to Austria and whether they go directly to the ski resorts or just to the main cities in Austria?

Group of 10 going, thinking of going to either Zell am See, Soll or Saalbach, any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Hi, I think you can get the train to Zell am See, but not to Saalbach.

Saalbach is not much further from Zell am See, so it should be easy enough to get a bus or taxi from their to Saalbach.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Train down to Austria is easy but the only one of your list with a train station in the town is Zell.

For Soll you will have to go to Worgl or Kufstein and get the bus or a taxi and for Saalbach you can get the train to Zell and then a taxi or a bus to Saalbach. Or a train to Saalfelden and then bus/taxi to Saalbach although this takes longer than the train to Zell.

I took the train last year from Munich to Bischofshofen and it was €60 return but that was first class. The 2nd class coaches were jammers so I was glad I had booked 1st class as I had a little snack pack, a drink and a big seat all to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

http://www.bahn.com/i/view/DEU/en/index.shtml for all for information

book far enough in advance and you can get really good deals on db, i see €19 one-way from munich to zell in december

Advertisement