Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Band In A Box users here?

Options
  • 13-10-2010 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum.

I'm wondering if there is anyone on here who uses Band In A Box for recording their songs. I'm just getting to grips with the program and am somewhat overwhelmed. I would love to hear from others with experience in it, the songs they've recorded with it etc.

Cheers,

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Jaysus!

I thought I was in a time warp there for a minute. They still make that thing? That's mad, it must be 20 years old at this stage?

I'm presuming it's got better?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

studiorat wrote: »
    Jaysus!

I thought I was in a time warp there for a minute. They still make that thing? That's mad, it must be 20 years old at this stage?

I'm presuming it's got better?

I just looked at the videos,the gui on that thing is horrible.

http://www.pgmusic.com/mac.htm

Looks like a really complicated way of making music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭kfoltman

What BIAB is: a relatively sophisticated backing track generator that helps you to learn to improvise. And a great learning aid, in general.

What BIAB is not: anything else - despite any marketing fluff. They keep adding various features, most of them look good in marketing materials but that's it.

However, I pretty much stopped looking at new versions since 2006 or so, maybe they found the way to make it look less stone-agey later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

I use it mainly as a songwriting tool - it's great for that.

Recently I've been using it as a drum machine - the Real Drums are better than the ones on my drum machine.

Cheers for the replies.

Paul

Advertisement