Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano VSTi

Options
  • 13-10-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi all using Akoustik Piano, but still doesnt have that grand piano in a great room vibe going on....

I know of steinberg grand, galaxy I & II, but does anyone have one that is the end all and be all, dont have time to go record in a studio with one so have to get as close as poss from home !

Cheers

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

Have to say Synthogy's Ivory is stunning, 80gigs of samples. Really fantastic to my ears.

Also have Akoustik but it not supported on Snow Leopard so not really using it. Akoustik is a load of old c0ck compared with Ivory.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Using Akoustik Via Kontakt instead, but its still twaddle !!

ivory is getting thumbs up everywhere so def worth a look :) thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

as far as non-sampled goes you could do a lot worse than pianotec.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

PMI wrote: »
    Using Akoustik Via Kontakt instead, but its still twaddle !!

ivory is getting thumbs up everywhere so def worth a look :) thanks

Aye Akoustic works grand in Kontakt but still prefer Ivory. The new updated version of Ivory looks even better. It is a dear-ish and takes up a lot of space but quality costs doesn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Acousticsamples.com have some great piano plug ins, reasonably cheap too.

A fair few free things on their site also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

I have the Garritan Authorised Steinway which is a beaut (if you like Steinways). The demos on the Garritan site should give you an idea of what it is capable of, but you could alos go onto NorthernSounds forum to get the skinny from users.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SonasRec

Been using Ivory for a few years & it's one of my most used plugs. Looking forward to getting Ivory 2.

Advertisement