Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA news for Android

Options
  • 13-10-2010 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi,

I just finished my first Android App, it's called GAA News.

It provides Football and hurling news pulled from an RSS feed, it has a pitch locator, video feed and fixture lists.

The reason I'm posting here is to try and get some feedback on it to see if the UI or functionality can be inproved upon or if there is anything i've missed. It's called "GAA News", search in the marketplace, it's the only GAA one available I believe. TIA for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Nice and simple. Very responsive. The font colour on a selected tab is a difficult grey to read though.

Will look more through it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Collumbo

just download it - simple and easy to use (bit like the way most things should be!). Perfect for a first app for sure!

some very nice testing gadgets on your own personal site too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Collumbo wrote: »
    just download it - simple and easy to use (bit like the way most things should be!). Perfect for a first app for sure!

some very nice testing gadgets on your own personal site too.

Link? :D

draffodx wrote: »
    Link? :D

pm sent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

I do a lot of PayPal stuff as well, so if you ever need help gimme a shout.

• Advertisement

Yip - saw that on your site maceocc2. Very useful stuff to know and your test harnesses for the various functionality could be very useful... i've got you bookmarked. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gargled

Nice app maceocc2. What way do you pull in the RSS?

Starting up developing apps at the moment.

Gargled wrote: »
    Nice app maceocc2. What way do you pull in the RSS?

Starting up developing apps at the moment.

It just pings the URL and parses the response XML into Element objects and extracts the bodies. I have a basic starter App that I use that pulls an RSS feed, you have it to get started it you like. One thing to note though is the Date format seems to change depending on the RSS feed so watchout for that, it's easy to fix.

Thanks for all the feedback on this, I got the lastest version up now. With a good few changes for the better (hopefully).

Advertisement