Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 sky+plus Boxes

Options
  • 13-10-2010 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

will sky allow me to set up another sky+ plus box ? I currently have 1 sky+ and 2 normal boxes.I am paying over 100 euro pm.Will they charge me for it?The sky+ was given to me :)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No,they wont charge you for the + function. Ring them with the serial no. of your new box and they will match one of the cards to that box free & gratis.Make sure you ask them to enable the recording function in the newly set-up box. That is assuming you already have multiroom, otherwise they'll be looking for a further €15 per month from you !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

100pm is a lot of money, are you sure you need that much functionality?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

You'll also need an Octo lnb (if you haven't already got one) and another cable(s) ran to wherever you're planning on using the box to get the full usage out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭simonckenyon

kbell wrote: »
    You'll also need an Octo lnb (if you haven't already got one) and another cable(s) ran to wherever you're planning on using the box to get the full usage out of it.

or get a multiswitch

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rina120

Hiya,
    I'm trying to do the same thing.
    Problem is, the second sitting room where I want the sky+ only has one coaxial cable coming from out of the wall.
    Any idea what I can do besides pull down an additional cable from the satellite through the walls? That would be a pain since, obvioulsy, the dish is on the roof and the sitting room is on the ground floor.

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
Advertisement