Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My New Weather Station

Options
  • 12-10-2010 11:31pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I achieved my long time goal of setting up my own weather station last week. I'm using the Davis Vantage Vue which is excellent. You can check out my website at www.waterfordcityweather.com. The only website for Waterford City on the Irish Weather Network.

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭eastmayo

hi i got the davis vantage vue last week,do u no how 2 get the highest gust?i can just get the highest gust for the last 10min.thanks,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

eastmayo wrote: »
    hi i got the davis vantage vue last week,do u no how 2 get the highest gust?i can just get the highest gust for the last 10min.thanks,

If you press the Hi/Lo button on the console it will give you daily,monthly and yearly highs and lows, also if you have Davis Weatherlink software there will be a lot more detail there. Thats only if you have it connected to your pc with the data logger that is. The Vue is a super station so good choice on that, best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Congratulations on the Waterford weather site Mick. I check in there every day,
    and i find it informative and very well laid out.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Congratulations on the Waterford weather site Mick. I check in there every day,
    and i find it informative and very well laid out.:D
    +1 on that

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Thanks fizzycyst and aurora 527 for your kind words. I'm glad you find the website useful. Your support is much appreciated and that goes to any of the boards members that have checked the website since it launched.:)

• Advertisement

If you press the Hi/Lo button on the console it will give you daily,monthly and yearly highs and lows, also if you have Davis Weatherlink software there will be a lot more detail there. Thats only if you have it connected to your pc with the data logger that is. The Vue is a super station so good choice on that, best of luck with it.
    THANKS FOR THAT,WILL TRY THAT LATER.

mick, dose ur vantage vue say low battery transmitter 1? it started last monday when we had storm force winds,went away that nite,now its back since yest morn,i only have it since jan,battery hardly flat,maybe its lack off sun?other than that it works grand.

eastmayo wrote: »
    mick, dose ur vantage vue say low battery transmitter 1? it started last monday when we had storm force winds,went away that nite,now its back since yest morn,i only have it since jan,battery hardly flat,maybe its lack off sun?other than that it works grand.

Never had that message before luckily. Seems like others have had problems with the ISS giving a low battery transmitter error, see here http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=6535.0.
    Personally i dont think its the battery as its only used to run the ISS as a back up in the night time. The solar panel powers a super capacitor which runs the ISS during daylight hours. If you check the link, there are plenty of suggestions how people have tried to fix this. Do a reset for starters then give that thread a good read. One way or another it will help. Hope you get it sorted :)

thank u for the reply,will cheak that out later;)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

davis have a firmware fix for that particular issue.

http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather/software_frmwr.asp

Wazzo.

• Advertisement

thank u wazz,i reset it a few days ago and its working fine now,it seems to happen when its very windy with rain, maybe the rain gets in around the batterys,

Advertisement