Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro

Options
  • 12-10-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

ok so decided to buy a new phone through E mobile(because I'm getting a good deal there) but don't want to wait any longer for the desire to come back in or the galaxy s for that matter..(they keep saying tomorrow but it never comes, rang again bit pissed off today and they said early next wk). So the Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro seems like a good option? Or am I being stupid..? Any help greatly appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Being stupid. Wait for the Galaxy or Desire!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

Why, what's so bad about it..? Just wondering because my phones not holding charge so the sooner i get a new one the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭raeGten

When you say you don't want to wait for the Desire or galaxy s so you'll go for the x10 mini pro instead....that doesn't make sense. The x10 is a lower class of Android phone. It's only 1.6 with an upgrade to 2.1 soon (maybe). The screen is 3.2 instead of 3.7 on the desire and 4.3 on the galaxy s. The resolution is also lower and the screen also can't handle multi touch.
    You might be fine with all of those points and its also true that you'll have to pay for the other two phones whereas the x10 is usually free on contract. But all the points above are why the desire or galaxy are the better phones.
    Having said that, neither of them have the x10 pro's slidey keyboard. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

my friend has the normal X10 mini...in her thought its the worst phone she ever had. it lags and it barely ever works for her and battery is just a subject not worth going to

knowing the fact that SE has fallen behind the android game i wouldn't go near one as it lacks support from SE itself nvm devs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

my friend has the normal X10 mini...in her thought its the worst phone she ever had. it lags and it barely ever works for her and battery is just a subject not worth going to

knowing the fact that SE has fallen behind the android game i wouldn't go near one as it lacks support from SE itself nvm devs

I've a mini and think the two are the best thing SE have put out in a very long time. I'm surprised at your friends comments as all i've heard including my own experience has been very positive - the speed is excellent and battery stabilised around the two day mark for me. Having said that I wouldn't consider it an alternative to either the desire or the galaxy. I kinda regard it as a highly capable feature phone rather than a full on android device. The phone is limited by it's size but for what it is it's brilliant.

• Advertisement

well i dont know i never used one :) i nearly bought the X10 but i just thought it was a bit laggy when i was messing around with it in the shop. the UI is quite not practical for me.

think SE in general has fallen behind its customers...their top end device still running 1.6 android which is a disgrace...more like following the steps of nokia

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

well i dont know i never used one :) i nearly bought the X10 but i just thought it was a bit laggy when i was messing around with it in the shop. the UI is quite not practical for me.

think SE in general has fallen behind its customers...their top end device still running 1.6 android which is a disgrace...more like following the steps of nokia

The x10 is a terrible device though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I've an X10 Mini for the past few months and I haven't a single complaint. It's small, reliable and if you manage your bluetooth and WiFi it lasts well too.

My inner geek would like to run a newer version than 1.6, but it hasn't held me back so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

is it possible to rip the sony tweaked rom off it and put a stock 1.6 on it? would the 1.6 look fine on the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

So I'l play the waiting game for the galaxy which is early next week apparently.... What are the bets there'l be no sign of it.. Waiting game for the HTC desire is next month.. Does anybody find that a new company just launched (emobile) not having the two best phones they sell in stock completely retarded... only for I've a voucher for them I def wouldn't be waiting around...

• Advertisement

ronano wrote: »
    is it possible to rip the sony tweaked rom off it and put a stock 1.6 on it? would the 1.6 look fine on the screen

apparently theres some issue regarding the copyright of their UI ...and they wont release the code or the source something like that...obviously there isnt that big of a developers base for them phone then cause never heard of any one running a higher than the donut on a se phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I bought an X10 mini a few months ago :( It was brutal. The battery lost a 3rd after using the radio for 10 mins, by 12pm I was plugging in the charger. I was never so disappointed in a phone purchase. Not only was the battery crap, they wouldn't replace/fix/help me. Telling me to do things which aren't possible (remove battery and try a new one - the battery is not removeable from the phone unless it's in the hands of a person who fixes phones all day long, it is screwed in!) So if you do experience battery problems, it's not a quick fix!

I bit the bullet and got a Samsung Spica instead. Love it.

Wait for the other 2 - much better options!

Advertisement