Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candida / Thrush - How to naturally cure it !

Options
  • 12-10-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've read all contributions and i want to give my twopence worth.

Everybody has canida. Its just when it gets out of control it becomes a problem.

I did a master cleanse about 3 years ago, basically living on a drink based on water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. I did it for 11 days, no food - just this drink.

After the cleanse, they say to take acidiophilus to reintroduce the "good" bacteria in to the gut. I obviously did this arse ways, and i have had candida since. On legs, back, feet, liathroidi etc...

I have swung out of the internet for remedies, grape seed extract, pau darco, garlic, avoiding fermented foods, dairy, etc..., the problem was that i could not keep to a strict diet, i'd go off the rails every now and then, or else get rid of it - go on a bender - and voila !! back again.

I have found a solution and yes it works. And you don't have to be as strict re: sugars, alcohol (although try to keep them to a minimum) nor do you have to pay anything to any one.

First, things first. Organic Coconut Oil. Replace your veg oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, whatever you are using in salads or for frying with Organic Coconut Oil. Make sure its Organic, I use Biona Organic Coconut Virgin Oil. Leave it on the window, as when you buy it, its solid, leave it in the sun and it melts or just use it in its solid form for frying, it melts with heat. It doesn't lose its properties when heated.

Next, is a drink. This is what you need:

Organic Apple Cyder Vinegar (Health Food Shop) (i use Aspall's)
    Bread Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) (Dunnes, Tesco, Superquinn)
    Lemons (preferably Organic, regular lemons will do)
    Glass of Water (Filtered preferably)

You drink this twice a day, once in the morning - once in the evening. This is the rule, drink it an hour before you eat or two hours after you have eaten. Personally, i would consume this two hours after breakfast. (make it - stick it in a bottle, bring it to work.) And by the way its only a glass full, not a pint or a litre, just a glass, an 8 fluid ounce glass. Have the second glass before you go to bed. Keep this regime for 8 weeks.

What you need:
    The measurements are as follows:

2 tablespoons (dessert spoon) Organic Apple Cyder Vinegar
    2 tablespoons (dessert spoon) Lemon Juice (which equates to half a lemon)
    1/2 a tea spoon of Bread Soda
    water (filtered preferably)

Milk Thistle (Health food shop)

Making the drink
    I make my drink in a pint glass because when the Bread Soda interacts with the water it fizzes up. Firstly, put in the Organic Apple Cyder Vinegar then the lemon juice and gradually add the water while "tapping" in the bread soda from the teaspoon. You only need to half fill the glass (if its a pint glass). Let the fizz stop. And drink. Hey, if you feel that its disgusting, you'll get used to it. Your about to kill off the candida.

Buy Milk Thistle (health food store) 10 drops in a glass of filtered water. Drink this during the day, this aids your liver as the liver has to process the killing off of the candida.

One thing i can guarantee you, after about two days, you will see dead cells where your candida was. It is such a good feeling to see it dying off.

Thats it.

Personally, i am now about to embark on a liver cleanse. Not the 4 days of drinking apple juice and then drinking a half cup of olive oil to get the stones out etc, i'm going to do the Dr. Sandra Cabot's liver cleanse program. I just bought the book on amazon.co.uk, second hand for €0.01c. I've googled her, looked at her youtube videos. All looks legit.

I would love to hear back from anyone who tries this and please forward this on to anyone

Looking forward to hearing from you guys/gals.

Be good and keep her lit !!

Rosco P. Coltrane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Erikka

Hi there, what do you mean you can see the cells die off? Sorry just a bit confused! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

I agree with Errika - how exactly are you watching your thrush cells die off?!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rosco p coltrane

Where you have a rash - that rash will begin to dry up, just like dry skin. That is the candida dying off. If you have it internally, naturally you wont see it dying off, but your discomfort will dissappear.

Just give it a go. You'll be glad you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

If you have such severe problems with candida, you need to see a doctor post haste.

Many people are naturally colonised by candida species, but there is always an underlying trigger for an overgrowth. These are usually severe; Diabetes, immunocomprimise (I mean lymphomas, AIDS etc, not the sniffles)etc etc. Other causes include antibiotic therapy, being elderly or newborn and so on.

It is important to identify the underlying cause for candidiasis. Normal, healthy people don't get candida overgrowth. Treat the cause and the candidiasis should stop.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I agree with Crasp here, go see a doctor, great if your treatment works for you but I don't think it's wise to be giving such all encompassing advice considering the many different effects Candida strains can have. Using the internet for treatments of the symptoms is all well and good but there is no way for you to know is something more serious occurring internally and you may be covering it up only to realise to late it is more serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rosco p coltrane

CramCycle wrote: »
    Using the internet for treatments of the symptoms is all well and good but there is no way for you to know is something more serious occurring internally and you may be covering it up only to realise to late it is more serious.

Very true. My description explains how i got it (after a master cleanse). If you know your source and can't get rid of it, use the method above.

Otherwise, analyse your diet/go see a doc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Very true. My description explains how i got it (after a master cleanse). If you know your source and can't get rid of it, use the method above.

Otherwise, analyse your diet/go see a doc.

Sorry if I sounded condescending it was just your advice sounded very general and alot of people without experience or knowledge may take it as sage advice to follow without question, I realise many would say that this is untrue but alot of people often take advice from the internet without researching the background.
    I did a master cleanse about 3 years ago, basically living on a drink based on water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. I did it for 11 days, no food - just this drink.

This is a terrible idea, sorry to point it out, this means the only energy source your body would have taken in is the maple syrup. A great source of energy but the level of essential amino acids, vitamins, proteins that you would have been missed over this time may explain the negative reaction you experienced after the "master cleanse"
    they say to take acidiophilus to reintroduce the "good" bacteria in to the gut. I obviously did this arse ways, and i have had candida since. On legs, back, feet, liathroidi etc...

Not so much reintroduce, as restore.
    Pedantic I know

The coconut oil is meant to be great for your cholesterol levels and milk thistle is meant to be great for liver function when metabolising toxins.

Nontheless, I still recommend going to a doctor for anyone with repeated yeast problems, even if your remedies do heal the problems there is that certain satisfaction, personally, of having it tested throughly to be sure.

Advertisement