Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registered as a van to a campervan help

Options
  • 12-10-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Any one know how or who i go to get my van registered to a campervan
    Also as any one as a list of what i need in the van i.e. what size the bed needs to be dose in need water ect

Oh i'm asking as i have a 2000 high roof ford tranist which i'm turning into a campervan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Theres a new form as of last week you fill it out yourself and post it to rosslare with photos of the outside, inside. Main thing they'll be interested in is the height internally which if over 180cm at the lowest point will qualify it for 13.3% of OMSP. Otherwise if your transit is lower than 180cm internally as in the case of the medium rof vans you'll pay 30% of OMSP.

OMSP is open market resale price as determined by the central vro office in rosslare and is a figure set in consultation with motohome dealers.

The camper must have a cooker with at LEAST 2 cooking rings.
    A sink unit must also be in the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,346 ✭✭✭Macy0161

paddyp wrote: »
    Theres a new form as of last week you fill it out yourself and post it to rosslare with photos of the outside, inside.
    Wasn't aware of that - hope it's quicker than the DVLA appear to be in the UK judging from the sbmcc forums... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redcube

well i have a cooker with to rings and oven and grill and i have a sink my van is over 180cm i know this as i can stand up in it what size dose the bed need to be and dose it need 240V power or can i use 12V power

• Registered Users Posts: 9,346 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The bed has to be 180cm too. As far as I'm aware, they're not bothered about power supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

paddyp wrote: »
    Theres a new form as of last week you fill it out yourself and post it to rosslare with photos of the outside, inside. Main thing they'll be interested in is the height internally which if over 180cm at the lowest point will qualify it for 13.3% of OMSP. Otherwise if your transit is lower than 180cm internally as in the case of the medium rof vans you'll pay 30% of OMSP.

OMSP is open market resale price as determined by the central vro office in rosslare and is a figure set in consultation with motohome dealers.

The camper must have a cooker with at LEAST 2 cooking rings.
    A sink unit must also be in the vehicle.

Where do you get the new form? Sounds much better than trying to sort out insurance for a trip to the VRO...

Also, Wexford is not my constituency so would I still send it to Rosslare??

• Advertisement

Macy0161 wrote: »
    The bed has to be 180cm too. As far as I'm aware, they're not bothered about power supply.

Is there a set length the bed as to be
    so the width as to be 180cm

redcube wrote: »
    Is there a set length the bed as to be
    so the width as to be 180cm

Theres nothing official about that.

Currently it says nothing about a bed at all. From January it will be:

"5.1. ‘Motor Caravan’ means a special purpose M category vehicle constructed to include living accommodation which
    contains at least the following equipment:
    — seats and table,
    — sleeping accommodation which may be converted from the seats,
    — cooking facilities, and
    — storage facilities.
    This equipment shall be rigidly fixed to the living compartment; however, the table may be designed to be easily
    removable.

Right i can make the bed as wide as i want but it as to be 180cm long
    Now i have eoungh info i will start drawing up my plans and get carking agin

redcube wrote: »
    Right i can make the bed as wide as i want but it as to be 180cm long
    Now i have eoungh info i will start drawing up my plans and get carking agin

Theres nothing anywhere about bed length unless your planning on sleeping standing up ala the mummys in scooby doo.

I'll make the bed long enough for me to lie down on and wide enough for me to sleep with out falling of:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement