Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse rising in Mongolia

Options
  • 12-10-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Horse riding in Mongolia? Does any any want to do a week or two horse riding in the beautiful land of Mongolia. We can organise a group and go together?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I wish! Can't afford it :( nor have the time. I would otherwise! Would love to go to Italy or Greece too.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭MGLman

Yeah, I have to admit that it is not that cheap to go to Mongolia, However, once we are there it is quite possible to do the riding at low cost i.e. camping on the way makes it a lot cheaper. basically we would be cooking for ourselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭jfh

that was something i always wanted to do, afraid i've missed that boat now.
    would you say mongolia is the best place to go for a horse riding holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭jfh

would you buy the horse when you arrive & sell again? interesting trip!

I can not say that it is for everyone, but anyone who have done it did not complain about it so far!!

Because, it is not only about the riding a horse, it is also about seeing nomadic culture, getting close to the untouched nature, wild life and clean blue sky and starry sky and the smell of fresh air.

• Advertisement

jfh wrote: »
    would you buy the horse when you arrive & sell again? interesting trip!

Ah!! good question. Well you do not really need to buy and sell it at the end of your trip, but you can rent it for a week or two, or even for one day. Also, buying and selling could be too much hustle unless you want spend good few months or a year in Mongolia

But, I have a friend who bougth 'a' horse while ago, maybe 10 or 15 years ago, now he has a bunch of horses in Mongolia and visit his horses every year.

http://mongolderby.theadventurists.com/

This is I am talking about!!!!!!!!!! Just found it on the internet. What a fantastic competition and never ending fun and pain. Oh my a** hurts....

Advertisement