Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AD Converter?

Options
  • 12-10-2010 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Any of you guys recommend a good ad converter with adat, looking for something with at least 8 inputs at a reasonable price, line inputs will do as it will be for synths/drum machines, connecting to an rme fireface 800. Budget is about 550 euro. Anybody have an ART TubeOpto 8?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭ebaysellerrob

for a lil bit more you could get the focusrite liquid saffire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Presonus Digimax looks good on paper, decent max input of +14dBu so good for line level input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

yeah was already looking at that Presonus Digimax inputs are xlr though, not ideal, i need to spend another 40 quid on the adapters! cheers anyway

on another note have you seen this digital mixing desk, i try to be analogue as much as possible but this looks damn nice,gear lustttttttttttt

http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=52

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Looks nice, but it's not a Yamaha or a Digico or an Avid Venue so no thanks (says the snob). :)

How much is an M Audio Octane or a Focusrite Octopre mk. II? Both have line ins on combo XLRs.

The discontinued Focusrite Octopre LE is a great little box. Never used the AD option but I doubt it's anything less than very good.

not really a fan of m-audio stuff, Octopre looks good, getting good reviews, bit pricey though, not seeing much difference from the first version!!! still its an option,cheers

• Advertisement

for a lil bit more you could get the focusrite liquid saffire

some ropey reviews!!! you have one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭ebaysellerrob

gen 1 had issues gen 2 is fine.

Advertisement