Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New threads

Options
  • 12-10-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

Alright folks,

Good to see some enthusiasm already starting for the forum, it's great having it so it is.

However, until we have a charter and some mods up and running can we hold off starting threads just for the mean time. I doubt it'll take much longer but in fairness we've waited since November of last year to have this forum up and running so a few days more isn't going to kill us (I hope not anyway!:eek:).

I know it's like Christmas eve and everyone wants to open their presents but we have to wait or Santy wont come!:D

Again, thanks to everyone who has shown support for this forum and it still brings a tear to my eye to see it in existence.

All the best folks,

El Siglo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I look forward to discussing the merits of the W.M. Davis school of rivers :) None of this fluvial channel management nonsense!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Just want to say thanks to everyone for getting this up and running, well done el siglo for getting the ball rolling. Looking forward to some heated(no pun intented) debates.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I look forward to discussing the merits of the W.M. Davis school of rivers :) None of this fluvial channel management nonsense!

Aye, I suppose you're of the Ussher School of thought on Earth dating... Don't forget your Anarchofeminist interpretation now!:D
    blue5000 wrote:
    Just want to say thanks to everyone for getting this up and running, well done el siglo for getting the ball rolling. Looking forward to some heated(no pun intented) debates.

Ah if it wasn't me it would have been someone else, I'm just glad to have a forum to chat properly about Environmental Science. Indeed, I too am looking forward to some interesting discussions! Oh, there's nothing like a pedantic Environmental Scientist talking about their log hyperbolic method!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Currently studying Environmental Science & Health in DCU.

In my final year now, looking forward to seeing some threads up and running.

In the mean time, I really should be getting off Boards :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Its been 8 days now. Why no mod yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

Woohoo! I only saw this just now! That is so great!
    I am in my final year under Environmental and Earth System Sciences in ucc - Delighted with this stuff.
    El Siglo - well done you! We are delighted with our new ES form!
    God I dont know where to start!! actuuually I should finish up what I was suppppposssed to be doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Folks,

Since we now have a mod and threads were being started in any case, I'm going to close this thread.

All the best,

El Sig.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement