Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Woop! New wi-fi events! At least they haven't completely forgotten about us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Great stuff. Never had a mew before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Oh so it's the exact same Japanese Mew from... January this year - only for English games?

Hmmm, I should try hook up my saved game from the Jap game which is now in an English game to see if I can get another Mew to take the other four HMs XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Nice, i can put it with my Ranch Mew

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭El Nick

wobbles wrote: »
    Nice, i can put it with my Ranch Mew

Yeah. Bit of a bummer for those of us that spent ages getting Pokemon into Ranch, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Wow, thank you Nintendo for holding back this event for like....forever. They could have made this part of a tour and made a huge deal about it, but no, release it quietly on Wi-fi and use your event budget to continually advertise Dragon Quest 9. :pac:

*Cries* THIS HAD TO HAPPEN WHEN I CAN'T GET MY WI-FI TO WORK :(

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

F*ckin Yea!!!!!!!!!! I just read about this here and i was gonna start a thread but someone got there before me :P

Regardless...F*UCKIN YEA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mcginleyireland

I will get my Mew next weekend. Can't wait. Is there any chance it could be shiny? If there is I'm sure I'd be too lazy to do it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

No it's not a shiny. The event pokémon would be set to be shiny or non shiny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Is there anyway to find out about this stuff other than Serebii?

I only found out about it because someone in work told me about it :(

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Is there anyway to find out about this stuff other than Serebii?

I only found out about it because someone in work told me about it :(
    There's Filb.de that's in German. but has a side bar with a count down to events/end dates. There's always the limited Bulbapedia section. Checking the Official Site, there should be a h in site IMO. Spanish site Zona Safari, or checking up here works too.

If you have an iPod, iPhone, Calendar thing on your computer then subscribe up to Project Pokémon's Event Calender. It's quite up to date (it's only missed to update the Snot bear event so far) and handy to have.

[IMO]Serebii's event section is terrible for non-Japanese events[/IMO]

According to Serebii.net, Nintendo have announced on February 7th, the shiney legendary beasts from HG and SS will be receivable via Nintendo Wifi connection in all Gen4 games. Also announced that Celebi will be relased, though nothing specific was mentioned, date wise.

Course all these will be made use of in Pokemon Black and White later this year.

EDIT: Double Post :/

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Thats great. I'm glad that we're getting the Legendary Beasts and Celebi as they seem to be important for Black and White

Yeah we get the beasts via wi-fi while the US gets in-store events for them ¬_¬

Hopefully we'll not get short changed by NOE and get a tour like the US

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I doubt we will. Nintendo hate us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

yeah like the way America had aaagggeesss to get the Ranger Missions where we only had a few weeks! Bit of a joke. I think there must be someone in a office somewhere in Nintendo, who comes up with ways to screw over European fans!

Advertisement