Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

htc desire with Three

Options
  • 12-10-2010 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,
    Has anyone HTC desire with three and able to update the OS android to 2.2, it just keep telling I have it up to date, although I am running 2.1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Hi,

Yeah have it on Three too. I think the operator has to make the update available before your phone will allow you to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭albob

Hi,
    I am interested in this as well. I am planning to get a Desire on 3 in the next couple of weeks and ideally would like to have 2.2 but do not want to have to go rooting....I tend to have very little luck with that kind of thing.

Does anyone know if/when 3 are going to release 2.2 for the Desire?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I thought it was a bit of a cheek for them to release this phone with 2.1 considering that they kept us waiting for it until October! That said I've got no intention of rooting the handset so guess I'll have to wait for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

Update is available now, yipee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

How do you check for update. Friend has one running 2.1 and says its up to date

• Advertisement

Go to settings, about phone, and first thing you see update phone

Cool, updating now.

What's the difference between 2.2 and 2.1

Well first off, market is missing for me! Wtf!

3 focked up!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=808765

Market not installed at all!

• Advertisement

Yup I just updated mates Desire and the markets now missing, anyway of getting it back

Called 3, apparently the update is not compatible with the 3 network and I would need to send my phone in for repair to be re-flashed!!!

So, 3 have made available an update which "is not compatible" with their own network.

DON'T UPDATE TO 2.2 ON 3!

She did suggest a factory reset, but couldn't guarantee that it would work. If anyone with the issue wants to try that then please let me know how it goes.

Also, if you do have the issue, please contact 3 and let them know.

This has nothing to do with 3, everyone seem to have this issue, and the only way to fix it, reset your unit, and you will have the Market, works with me too. make sure you backup everything as everything will be gone.

to reset unit. hold volume button (low volume) and then turn on. there is an option i think its called wipe clean.

now i have 2.2 and the market is working :)

That worked fine, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Could anyone tell me what deal would be better to get the desire with on three, the bill pay option for 25 euro a month or the best of both for 25 a month?

Which would I get more out of? Such as internet usage.

both of them have no data bundle, which you need purchase seperatley, or use all your flexi units on internet only :)

akamossie wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with 3, everyone seem to have this issue, and the only way to fix it, reset your unit, and you will have the Market, works with me too. make sure you backup everything as everything will be gone.

to reset unit. hold volume button (low volume) and then turn on. there is an option i think its called wipe clean.

now i have 2.2 and the market is working :)

I'm not getting this option. My only options on that boot screen are 'Fastboot' 'Recovery' 'Clear Storage' and 'Simlock'. Any other way of recovering the Market?

Clear storage

I feel silly now.

Thanks, viking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cuculainn

I see that the desire has been removed from the three website. Does that mean that there will be no updates for the Desire any more?

I am still on 2.1 and cant update to 2.2.....it says the phone is up to date???:eek::(:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

cuculainn wrote: »
    I see that the desire has been removed from the three website. Does that mean that there will be no updates for the Desire any more?

I am still on 2.1 and cant update to 2.2.....it says the phone is up to date???:eek::(:confused:

Check the three forum on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

It's out of stock not gone

Advertisement