Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommendations for mid-range tri bars?

Options
  • 12-10-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi. I'm new to triathlon and I want to convert my road bike for triathlon. First step are tri bars. Could anyone recommend a set of tri bars up to 130 euros. I've heard stories of clip on bars slipping during a long ride. I'm also looking for advice on optimal shape of bars. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭karbonkoncepts

to be honest any of the profile design ones are good, and if they are fitted properly they shouldnt slip....easy to fit the child could do it....chainreaction and wiggle will prob be best for price..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blakey1

Thanks KK. What about the shape? Is there any one shape more aerodynamic than the other? Or is it simply a matter of personal fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

I've a set of the T2 plus Cobra bars. Got them for a bit under your budget off ebay. Find them comfortable and haven't had any problems in a year. Take a while to get used to but find them handy on longer spins when the wind picks up.
    Think it's a personal thing on fit, haven't used others but find their position comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I started out with a set of Profile Design Century bars which suited me well enough for the past year. I did find, however, that they sit a bit too high above the handlebars so I became dissatisfied with them. I swapped them out last week for a set of T2 plus which are suiting me better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blakey1

:) Thanks for the information guys. I've seen a good of T2's on ebay. Happy cycling!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement