Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair HTC Desire? Warranty?

Options
  • 12-10-2010 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone has experience getting a fault repaired on a HTC phone? Desire, specifically.

I've always thought the digital trackball / thumbpad was pretty useless.. not nearly a responsive or useful as the old round trackballs... but it turns out it's just mine :-/. Very unresponsive all the time. You have to nudge-nudge-nudge the cursor across.

Anyroad, phones only a few months old (got it when they first came out), never locked, never branded. Bought from Expansys, Currently rooted and running a custom rom. I guess I could revert that before sending it back anywhere, if necessary?

Anyone know who / how I might contact about getting it looked at or repaired?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

HTC; 01-6968474

Call and they will give you a repair ticket, send your phone back to the service centre (Milton Keynes) and then hassle them for two-three weeks.
    The return courier is covered, just the outgoing needs to be paid for yourself. GLS are reasonable and insure for €500 (IIRC).

Unroot it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Thanks!

So if I send it in I might be without a phone for 2-3 weeks? That'll be tough :-/

Giving them a call now anyway, see what they say.

Yeah, they quote 5-10 days but mine was repaired and sat for a week before being shipped back.

I have another ticket now to fix my GPS antenna but I can't be without my phone for that long again. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Cool. Just gave them a call, got a lady in the UK. Nice and helpful.

She said "usually it's 10 working days" but apparently they're busy at the moment (didn't sound like a good thing to admit for a repair centre ;)) and could be 3 weeks alright.

Most annoying because it's not exactly a show-stopping failure. I was getting on fine when I didn't even know it was faulty :-/. Still, best get it fixed while I can.

Thanks again for the info.

I thought I could manage without GPS, but typically got lost twice in the last fortnight.
    I should have just sent it for repair as soon as the fault became apparent... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

my phone has been repaired, and it says in the tracking that somebody will contact me about their "express" delivery back to me

its been like this for two days and ive had no email or phone contact

anyone been through this before?

ringing the htc customer service line, it just puts you onto some clueless eejits who lie to you, i rang them there and they first said the phone was fixed and tested and ready to be sent back and i should ring 0845-890-0079

to the agents surprise, i told him, that was the exact number i just rang and was put through to him, he put me on hold for ten mins, to retract his statment, saying no, the phone will just be sent back to me in a couple or days, or next week or something, were his words....

is there anyway to talk to someone that knows some facts, id like to get the return tracking number ect

Yes. You need to chase them, online or by phone. Mine sat for a week before shipping back, but once it got moving it only took hours to land on my desk.

It could be the case that they're all shipped on the same day, but hassling them felt like the best way to make progress.

Mine arrived back with HTC for another repair this afternoon... I'll see how it goes this time.

Just got an email saying mine is shipping today, repair took one week exactly and I'll have it back Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Doc Daneeka

Been wondering about this today too.

Got a desire recently and am a bit unhappy with the battery cover as it's not snapping into the clip on the bottom right properly. Basically not catching the clip so the cover has a bit of play in that corner and doesn't snap tight like every where else.

The cover is not going to fall off or anything but it is irritating that it doesn't fit as it should.

Anyone have this same problem? And is it worth getting on to Meteor first or should I just go straight to HTC?

New covers are 20 odd, it would do no harm to call HTC though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Doc Daneeka

Not sure the cover is the problem though. Could buy another and it would fit exactly the same way.

Advertisement